It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #1

sharp3951 HB User
Help vertical c-section scar

I ended up in an emergency c-section in October. (I lost my baby)
Anyway everytime i look at my scar in brings back bad memories. My scar is from my belly button down. Is there anything i can do to make it look better. I know it will look better once it turns white looking but will it be indented. Is there anyone on here that has a vertical c-section scar that doesn't look bad. Its bad enough loosing my baby but having this scar to look at everyday and bringing back terrible memories hurts. Suggestions please.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: Help vertical c-section scar

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how hard it must be to be reminded each day of what you lost. My sister had a verticle surgery done a few years ago and her scar isn't too bad, I guess it all depends on how elastic your skin is. My sister had 3 kids, and a few surgeries on top of all that. Her skin isn't very elastic and she is a bit overweight so she has the gravity paunch (for lack of better terms) but the scar itself isn't very noticable at all. I wish you all the best and hope that you are able to recover in all ways possible. Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 10:02 AM   #3
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

I am so sorry for your loss. I can empathize. There is a product called Mederma that you can buy in drug stores that is supposed to be good for scars. I had a couple of scars, new scars, and the product has made them virtually invisible. Granted, they were small scars, but I would give it a try. It is about $15 a tube, but lasts a long time and it did work for me. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

I too am sorry to hear about your loss. Give it a while to heal, maybe try some over the counter stuff for now. But if after a year or so the scar is still VERY obvious, maybe consider a bit of plastic surgery. They can do amazing things with skin and scarring these days. Stay strong.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #5
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

And too, and it may be too soon for you to think this way, but one day you may look at that scar and actually smile when you think of your baby, who you will see again one day. I have a couple of scars on my arm from tubes I had in when I was trying to save my baby and now, in a strange way, they somtimes make me smile as well as bring a tear. Here's wishing you the strength and courage you need.

Closed Thread