It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User
signs of gestational diabetes???

hello, i am about 20 weeks along now and i know i wont be tested for GB till about 27-28 weeks gestation....(as i as in my last pregnancy) but i am thinking i may need to be tested sooner, here's why...

*fatiuge- i still seem to be tired alot here is the second trimester
*the shaky's- i constantly am shaking (in my hands) people ask me all the time if i am ok...!
*sometimes i can be so thirsty, this isnt all the time but sometimes i swear i could drink a gallon of water in 2 miniutes...

***and the big one......today i was sitting in the car waiting on my husband and i suddently got the "i am going to pass out feeling" my head and arms felt so heavy and numb, i had to take short breaths to stay alert, and i was so nauseated during this whole thing....i told my husband to take me to the nearest gas station and get me a candy bar....about 5 miniutes after eating it i was better, then after we had dinner (which i had sweet tea with) i felt completely normal....

the only person i can think of in my family who has diabetes is my great-grand mother....

do you think i should ask to be tested sooner.....

Old 01-07-2005, 04:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: signs of gestational diabetes???

Hey Chrissi!

I had all the same symptoms as you. Still do at 32 weeks. I had an 11 lb baby my 1st time and I was sure that they just "didn't catch" the diabetes.

So this time I was sure I would fail my test. I passed with flying colors, not even close to having GD.

You really need to keep up on your eating and make sure that you're not taking in too much sugar. That's my problem. Drives my husband nuts when I've been busy and haven't eaten in a while, then BAM!! I'm suddenly going to pass out or vomit unless I get food in me NOW! Or if I've only had something sweet to eat in the past few hours, same thing.

Mention it to your doctor. I don't know if they test earlier. Maybe they don't see it to be a problem until you're further along. I'm sorry that you feel yucky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread