It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #1

loveyousma08 HB User
Worried about complications

Hello once again ladies,
Ok, so far my pregnacy has been fine, my doctor has not even mentioned having a c-section or anything like that, but recently my mind can't stop worrying about all the things that could go wrong. The thought of having a c-section scares me to death. I'm so stressed about it all and I can't get it off of my mind, any advice? Thanks Good luck to you all!

Old 01-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
(female)

CJennings HB User
Re: Worried about complications

It sounds like this is your first. I understand the feeling and this is my second but as hard as it sounds calm down andTRY not to worry. If you have had a healthy pregnancy and aren't in any high-risk categories ( chain smoker, over 40, diabetes, etc.) odds are good you and your baby will be fine. Just keep your mind open to an emergeny C-section or other things you don't want during the delivery process so that you're not just devistated if it were to occur. I had a natural with my first child and the thought of a c-section to me just sounds terrible but just remember as long as you and you child are okay things are good. Talk to your doctor and let him/her know your fears and perhaps ask about their percentages (natural births, emergency c's, epidurals etc.). However I hope all goes well with the delivery and things go how you hope.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Being nervous and scared are very normal. chances are you will do it your entire pg. most of us do. Just relax its a long ways away and put in into Gods hands. As long as our babies are healthy thats all that matters. I have a friend who had a c-section and everything was fine.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I am on the opposite spectrum, I am worried that things will go wrong and then I will have to have an emergency section, in which case I would just rather schedule one. I want to have somewhat of control. I don't want to have the use of forcepts or the vacuum thing, pitocin,episotomy,ext... I am odd I suppose. But it's normal to worry about things going wrong.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #5
(female)

redstarr987 HB User

Once you're in labor you're not going to be thinking about much other than getting the baby out no matter what it takes! And if you have an epidural you're not going to feel all the "instruments" anyways.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #6
(female)

astw22 HB User

As another poster mentioned.. keep your mind open to the idea of possibly needing a section. I was one of those devasted last November when I was told after 15 hours of labour, dialating to 10 and pushing for over an hour that I would need a section. I never thought in a million years that I would be one that would need a section....I have recently just come to terms with having to have a section. Many pregnancies and deliveries go smoothly and some do not.. just talk to you doctor about your fears and hopefully he/she can ease some of those fears. Prepare yourself mentally for the worst case scenario and hope for the best.. that's all you can do..Good Luck

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Old 01-09-2005, 04:27 PM   #7

loveyousma08 HB User

Thank you all for your advice. I recently spoke to my doctor and I'm feeling somewhat more comfortable with the thought of labor and complications that could possibly occur. Thanks again

Closed Thread