It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
(female)

jaybird75 HB User
Ugh, lower back ache!

Is anyone else bring driven crazy by constant lower back pain? It's like I can't get comfortable in a chair!! Sitting at work all day and squirming around trying to relieve the ache is making me nuts...not to mention the headaches that I've been getting daily. UGH!

Sorry, just needed to vent that.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: Ugh, lower back ache!

I have just recentley been blessed with back pain. For me, it feels like my muscles on either side of my lower back are being yanked out of me......the price you pay.......how far are you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User

I have the same problem with my lower back. My dr. suggested I get
a lumbar pillow. It really helps me. Especially at work and when driving.
Try it. There is also a gel lumbar pillow. It's suppose to be even better.
You can find them on the internet.

lj

Old 01-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

I have this problem as well. Mine turned into sciatica and the only thing that my dr could tell me to do was to see a chiropractor. I did, and I LOVE IT !! I walk out of there feeling as if there were never any problems to begin with! I've also done some reading on chiropractics and pregnancy, and going is supposed to help throughout pregnancy and with delivery! One thing I read said that going throughout pregnancy decreases labor by 1/3 !!!!! I'm not planning to stop going, and I'll probably continue after I have the baby. You should look into it and see if this might be something for you!

Nicole
EDD 6/29/05
Isaiah 5/21/99
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Old 01-10-2005, 07:19 AM   #5
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

Thanks, ladies...I'm in my 14th week. The lumbar pillow sounds like a great idea. I'm sure the chiropractor is great too, but honestly, I'm a little afraid of the noises that come out of your back! Has anyone tried accupuncture?

Old 01-10-2005, 07:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I have had lower back pain from about 12 weeks on. I am 24 weeks now. My doctor prescribed physical therapy which helped to manage the pain. Nothing makes it go away completely, but it has decreased for the most part. Mine is actually the ligaments in my pelvis (both sides of my very lower back/upper part of my butt), according to the therapist. She gave me a pregnancy belt which is a Godsend and told me my problem is common in second pregnancies. When it first started, the lumbar pillow that someone else mentioned helped along with a hot water bottle on my back and the occasional Tylenol. After a few weeks, though, that didn't cut it anymore and I was in physical therapy. Hope you feel better!

Old 01-10-2005, 12:20 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi. I've tried acupuncture although not for backache and not during pregnancy. I'd been having headaches for ages and had tried everything else (including food allegies and a chiropractor). Nothing had helped so I went to an acupuncturist who sorted out my headaches in no time at all. I'd definately recommend acupuncture...I've even heard that it can help with pain relief during labour. One thing I would say is that it truly doesn't hurt, the needles are nothing like the ones they use innoculations. They are so fine that you really don't feel them going in and just feel a kind of tingle when they hit the acupuncture point. If you're nervous about make an appointment and talk to the acupuncturist about your concerns and whether they can help. If you don't want them to 'needle' you they won't.

Closed Thread