It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 08:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User
Pain in my stomach

I am about 18 wks with my first. Lately I have been having alot of muscle pain in my lower stomach. Is this normal? I am hoping it is just my muscles getting used to the pregnancy. But it is very uncomfortable. At first I had slight cramps but the dr told me those were normal as the uterus grows. Now I get the pain alot at night and if I lay for too long in one position at night. Last night my DH had to help me up because the pain was so bad but once I get moving around it goes away. The other thing I was wondering if this was a sign of a bladder infection. But if it was a bladder infection I thought the pain would be more in my back.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User
Re: Pain in my stomach

It sounds normal to me as I have had that kind of pain through out pregnancy. ALmost like you are pulling muscles??? All else fails see the doctor or go to the ER. GOod luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Sounds pretty normal - especially this being your first. It is a sign of what is to come, lol.... (baby just running the show) ...... It is similar to working out too hard to pulling a muscle. It will probably continue off and on thoughout your pregnancy, but you needent worry about it. You may or may not want to write it down and take it to your next appointment and talk to your doc about it.

Old 01-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #4
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

Like I tell anyone who has any questions or concerns, just go in and see the doctor. I didn't when I had slight cramping at around 19 weeks along with very, very slight lower back discomfort and it turned out that just these slight little cramps were signs of premature labor. My doctors office told me it was just muscle spasms without my being seen by the doctor. I wanted to believe them, so I did and pretended nothing was wrong. My cervix dialated with just these little pains. Although what happened to me happens in only 1% of all pregnancies, I ALWAYS tell women to go to the doctor as soon as possible and be checked. Don't ever think you are being a pain in the butt or being too worrisome. Please be seen if you have any doubts.

Old 01-08-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

Thanks for your replies. I thought it was just the baby making room. But I am always afraid I am going to have a miscarriage and every little pain scares me. I did call the dr a few weeks ago when it was still mild cramps. but, yes, it does feel like a mix between cramps and a pulled muscle down rea LOW on my stomach.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Round ligament pain feels kind of how you described. For me it felt like a pulled or stretched muscle in my belly. It hurt worse when I strained, like changing positions in bed, sitting up from a lying position, or standing from a sitting position. Laughing, coughing, sneezing, and even bearing down to have a bm all hurt. For me it was worse on my right side, and I figured that's because I am right handed and stretched my right side more. But it was definitely on the underneath side of my belly.

Mary's right- if you're having cramps of any kind, or anything that you just feel isn't right you're best to call your doctor, just to get hear from him that it's nothing. It's probably nothing, but wouldn't you rather hear that from your doctor than some strangers on a message board?

Good luck, and I hope you feel better!

Old 01-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

The same thing is happenign to me, it's rather annoying! And it is worse when i lay certain ways, or if I try to turn over in bed sometimes it is awful! I thought that was what it was, i had asked a friend of mine who just had her 3rd child and she said she had had those same pains the whole time all three times.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

I called my dr today and he mentioned that it was most likely round ligament pain. But he told me to bring it up at my next office visit and he would check things out but he thought that was it. I have an ultrasound on the 20th. I think I am just a nervous wreck. My mom said that every pain seems 10 times worse and makes you worry when you are pg.

Closed Thread