It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

hunnybun1504 HB User
some insight from you ladies out there?

ok. so heres a long story...im aware that withdrawal isnt the best method of contraception..especially if your not intending pregnancy..but that is the method my boyfriend and i have been using the last few months, im currently trying to get on the pill but working on the financial resources. ANYWAY, so we have sex pretty much on a regular basis, and almost always pull out. about a week after my last 'period' i was vomiting and nauteous for about 7 days...ive been eating like crazy lately, and basically just have had a ton of early pregnancy symptoms. i keep telling myself no way jose...it was just a flu that made you vomit, and that im tired becasue i work a lot, and im hungry cuz im a little piggy haha...but i really cant figure out what is going on. ive read on a few sites that it is possible to bleed around your normal period time from the embryo attaching, and im trying to remember, it seemed like a sort of short period. i also read somewhere that you can even have your period just like always during the entire 9 month duration of your pregnancy! but apparently that is rare. anywyas, what my main question is, if i am pregnant, and that wasnt my PERIOD, and it was only the spotting from the conception..would a home pregnancy test work? or do i have to wait until i actually dont bleed whne i am supposed to?...if i take a home pregnancy test and it comes negative,, does that mean im really not pregnant...or could i still be? if you are really 6 weeks pregnant, can a pregnancy test still come out negative? ...sorry that was so long, but i figured the more backround information i could provide, the better grasp someone could get on the situation. anyone patient enough to read this, i would gladly like some thoughts from other women?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Re: some insight from you ladies out there?

At home pregnancy tests are said to work 3-6 weeks after your last regular period. If you're worried about taking one and getting a false negative though, then I would see your doctor, who can give you a blood test. I can't say what your odds are as to whether or not you're pregnant. You know yourself that pulling out does not work and that it's a possibility. However, vomitting, fatigue, and increased appetite can all mean other things then pregnancy. I didn't have an increase in appetite until I was 4.5 months. Several women aren't even hungry for the first 2-3 months of their pregnancy.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #3
Inactive

desired1 HB User

Hi, a pregnancy test would definitely be able to tell you if you were pregnant or not at the stage you are at, make sure you get a really good name brand test because some of those store brands might not be as accurate as clear blue easy or ept. Your symptoms really does sound like pregnancy symptoms but you really can't go by them because there are other illnesses that have pregnancy symptoms, nevertheless if you think that the test that you take isn't accurate you should see your regular doctor or an ob/gyn.... Hope I helped!

Old 01-09-2005, 06:09 AM   #4
(female)

hunnybun1504 HB User

thank you guys so much for helping me get a little more than just MY opinion...ive been trying to convince myself as well that there are a ton of other illnesses like the flu, going around that could cause me to be the way that i am right now. although a pregnancy right now would definitely not be unwanted, but it would be unplanned..although i would absolutely just DIE to hold a little precious baby in my arms and be able to call it my own, i just dont have the correct resources to support a baby as much as it would deserve.. ive seen plenty of other women out there bring up babys in much worse off circumstances, way less money, and all around not as good of an environment as i am lucky to be living in. i dont know, i guess i cant figure out which one i feel more strongly. everyone know hows psychologically you can make yourself believe just about anything...im wondering if my assumption and doing all this research and everything, is just adding more fuelt o the fire of me assuming i am pregnant. anyways...thanks again for responding, at least now i have more than just my own opinion racing through my head over and over again every hour of the day. ill just wait this out, see if my period comes THIS cycle...and if not....i dont know what ill do..its going to take some serious decision-making :-/...but then of course i know, i can always come back to these message boards...this is a wonderful place ffor me to get information and insight from other women. :-)

Old 01-09-2005, 10:16 AM   #5

mpsweetie77 HB User

I agree with the other posters...you should definetely do a pregnancy test. And if finances are a problem (as you stated before with trying to work out getting on the pill) I would look for the nearest planned parenthood clinic. Back when I was still a college student and didn't have any health insurance they not only took care of my pregnancy test i needed when my ex-fiance and I had a scare...but they also prescribed and provided birth control pills for me. They were really great. Good luck with whichever outcome you feel is best for you at this time.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

If you do think you are pregnant, you ought to get it checked out so that you and your baby can get the care you need early on, especially prenatal vitamins. I wish you luck and hope everything works out for the best and that you are healthy!

~Laura~

Old 01-09-2005, 06:28 PM   #7
(female)

hunnybun1504 HB User

well of course, nightfall has come again and i am concerned again...a lousy day today, my breasts are getting sore, and i feel like i could sleep forever. my stomach is aching...i just keep repeating to myself over and over again that im just psyching myself out and im NOT pregnant. god doesnt it feel like forever when your waiting to see if your period is gunna be a no show?! i went to babies-r-us tonight with my boyfriend to pick out some baby gifts for some of my coworkers who are both due in march...and i couldnt help but fall in love with all the cute little things that i saw...my boyfriend knows i would love a baby..we talk about it all the time, we both know that its just something so special to share together...we are both young though...i dont exactly know how thrilled he would be if it actually turned out the way im anticipating...im getting all in a tizzy just thinking about it. not that i would expect him to leave me or ddo anything stupid like that..just...hes got to finish college..i just dont know how hed handle it...and i dont know how to prepare myself for anything.........it all comes down to the 17th of january. i am watching. and waiting. but not patiently at all...ill be surprised if i dont rip my hair out by then..:-/

Old 01-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #8
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

Take a quick test. It is easy to get them into the house without being seen. I usually took them out of the box and stuck them in my back pocket of my jeans OR stuck them in my coat pocket. If the result was negative, I never told my husband I took one. Needless to say, the last one I snuck in the house was the one I HAD to tell him about.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #9
(female)

Ange7a HB User

As I have learned myself, it is very possible for ovarian cysts (which are extremely common) to give you similar symptoms as pregnancy. I've had my hormones go completely crazy. I'd get sensitive gag reflex, occasional nausea, sore breasts, the whole nine yards. HOWEVER, after a lifetime of a billion pregnancy tests, I just had one come up positive for the first time. That has made me think of how many things I probably would have done differently if I already knew I was pregnant. Anyway, my point is, even though you can say all the different things out there that would create the same symptoms, it is so crucial to get a pregnancy test. I used to get the two packs--one for right away to give me a slight peace of mind, and the other for a week later to tell me for sure. I'd think trying that might help you, at least until you can get in to see a doctor. It will be the best $15 you ever spent, I promise =)

Old 01-10-2005, 04:49 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

If you have a Dollar Tree store you can also get their pregnancy tests - they are called New Choice and are supposed to be jsut as good and effective as Clearblue Easy tests...but for only $1!!

Closed Thread