It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

Fiesty HB User
Blood clots

Early during first pregnancy I started getting varicose viens and I began to have more pressure on my legs as my pregnancy progressed. My veins became bigger and I started havcing pains and cramps in my one leg. I know it is normal to have a bit of pressure on your legs and so forth durign pregnancy, but I am not pregnant anymore but it has worsen. Maybe Iam being paranoid, but do many people get blood clots, or have a blood clot due to pregnancy? If anyone has ever had them what do they feel like? I know in my family there has been problems varicose viens and so on because of pregnantcy. lol I just would like to save myself the embarassment of going to a docs about it and finding out I beign paranoid. Thank you

Last edited by Fiesty; 01-09-2005 at 10:03 AM.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
(female)

Mary0114 HB User
Re: Blood clots

Please, do not be paranoid about going to the doctor. No question is silly. chances are if varicose veins run in the family that that's all it is. But certainly, if you feel pain in your legs you need to see the doctor. This is not silly nor should you feel embarassed to call the doctor. I urge you to do so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

Blood clots are a well known complication of pregancy due to increased blood volume, poor circulation in the extremities, and a lot of other factors. Please don't take a chance with this. Blood clots can become a life threatening emergency in a matter of minutes. Don't feel embarrassed about asking the doctor! Chances are it is just varicose veins, but it's better to be safe than sorry!
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 01-09-2005, 04:00 PM   #4
Inactive

yamamama HB User

It's always better to inform your doctor immediatley if you are experiencing any complications. I am not saying this to scare or worry anyone...but it's not all that uncommon for blood clots to occur and be unnoticed. My Husband's sister passed away while pregnant because of a blood clot that began in her leg and caused an aneurism. She informed her Doctor she was having serious leg pains and he ran no tests,just said it was pregnancy pains....a second opinion probaly would have saved her life. Dont always take the word of one person...people tend to be pretty in tune with their bodies and truly know if something isnt right. I hope the best for you. Keep us informed.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #5
(female)

Fiesty HB User

I asked my aunt and she said she had much the same pains but it was a pinch nerve. She said she first noticed it in early pregnancy, and it was because of pressure on her legs. She still finds if she gets really bloated or retains alot of water she feels those pains.

Closed Thread