It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #1

shortformofjane HB User
how to tell family the sex of the baby..any ideas?

Hi,
we are finding out what we are having tomorrow!! and afterwords getting together with our familys to tell them, but we wanted to make it a little fun the way we tell them..does anyone have any ideas??

Old 01-10-2005, 05:02 AM   #2

Alleyne HB User
Re: how to tell family the sex of the baby..any ideas?

I know my answer isn't what you are looking for... but I had fun all the same.

My family knew that I wanted a boy for my first... they ALL were hoping for a girl. So when I called all of them (I lived in a different state) I told them that everything went great with the u/s and the baby is perfectly healthy but that there was only one thing missing. Of course I paused after saying that to have them say "WHAT?!?" Then all seriously I would say... well she is missing a Penis! *laugh* Needless to say they all wanted to kill me... hehe... but boy was it fun... hehe..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 08:42 AM   #3
(female)

Breez HB User

The way I told my family was by showing them the u/s photos.

When I went in for my u/s the tech printed out about 6 or 7 photos for me. There was one photo that had the picture of the little boy part, it was very clear. So later that day when I went to tell everyone, I let them look at the photos, I placed the boy photo in the very back. It was fun. Everyone was so happy because they actually got to see him before he's here.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

Do you have any other children? My best friend just found out today what they were having and then they went shopping afterwards and got a onezie that said I'm the Little Brother! They then called their parents to come over and had their son bring out the onezie and show them. I thought it was a cute idea, but would only work if you had other children.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

I always told my family by showing them the ultrasound and introducing the baby by name. I am not very original lol but this time I just asked my mom - do you want to see your grandson? My sister asked me - Am I going to be an aunt or an uncle? We are corny like that lol!

Old 01-11-2005, 11:07 PM   #6
(female)

chrystina505 HB User

Shortformofjane: I am just curious...How did you end up breaking the news???

Closed Thread