It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
(male)

Enc0unter HB User
Should I be concerned?

hi everyone, I just have a couple questions regarding a situation. My girlfriend messed up on her birthcontrol pretty badly last month. She began her period 1/2/05. She recently started over with a new pack the yeturday(the 9th). Over that weekend we had sex multiple times, everytime with a condom. This if the first time she has ever had sex with out being on birth control, so she is a bit worried. There was about twice when I slightly penetrated her, not more then an inch or so during foreplay with out a condom. This had me a little worried, as I did not mean to do this really.

Are there chances of pre-*** being able to pregnate?

Also, I didnt even think about this until now... but when I took the condom off some semen got on my hand and about 30 min to 45 min later I fingered her.

Is there a chance of pregnancy there, or when there is pre-*** on the fingers?

I know that on boards, there seems to be a motto that anything is possible. I agree, I was just wondering if there is a greater chance with the encounters that I explained.

Thank u for your time.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:59 AM   #2
(female)

jaybird75 HB User
Re: Should I be concerned?

While I don't think it's likely, you're right in saying that anything is possible...it really depends on your girlfriend's ovulation schedule. Most women don't ovulate till about a week or two after their period, but some women do right away. Pre-*** definitely has some sperm in it; again, though, whether it's enough to get up into your girlfriend and impregnate her depends on her cycle, and the amount of sperm. As for the semen on your hand, at room temperature (75 °F or 25 °C) without dehydration sperm can live between 4 and 6 hours outside the human body. In ordinary dry air at room temperature when dehydration is an added factor, human sperm can live maybe 1 to 3 hours. So it could be theoretically possible that some sperm from your hand got into her vagina, but again, if she wasn't ovulating it doesn't mean much.

So the simple, but probably not too helpful answer, is yes, there's a chance that she could have gotten pregnant. Is it likely? Like I said, my opinion is no, but plenty of crazy things happen when people least expect it. The only way to really know for sure is to wait & see if she misses a period - although what with being on the Pill now, I'm not sure how that would work. My best advice would be to call your local Planned Parenthood, or your girlfriend's doctor who prescribed her the Pill, and tell them in detail what happened. Let s/he recommend what you should do (if anything). Hope that helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
(female)

chrystina505 HB User

There is definately a chance. The same thing pretty much happened to me, not to alarm you or anything. My son's father and I (the first time we had sex) started out not using a condom, then he put it on a few minutes after having sex. Being pg never crossed my mind cuz at the time I didn't think it was possible. It is a fact that pre-*** is more potenent, but it all depends on whether she was ovulating or not. Wish you luck, however it turns out!

Old 01-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #4
(male)

Enc0unter HB User

Thank you for the replies. Your answers brought up another question for me. since she messed up really bad on her last BC pack... "her body was in choas" is what she told me. She had a a light period for a week and then a heavy one right after that. And then she started taking BC again 7 days after starting the heavy period. Does this change the odds of pregnancy? Can that mess up her ovulation schedule?

Old 01-10-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
(female)

dm76 HB User

I don't think you have anything to worry about. The ovulation cycle usually starts 14 days after a women period. Usually, but not necessarilly. Ask her to call her doctor before she continue taking the pill,that is not healthy for the fetus if she was to be pregnant. Good Luck!

Old 01-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #6
(male)

Enc0unter HB User

I am just wondering, since she had the light period... from like 12/25 to 1/2 and then a normal one from 1/2 to 1/7, would that change the way the body ovulates... so does the days till ovulation rely on the day the period begins or the day it ends? Because if I count 14 days from when it started... that puts us right on the money.... otherwise im safe.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
(male)

Enc0unter HB User

I did all those online fertile calulators and they all say from january 9-11th. That doesnt make sense though does it?

Old 01-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #8
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

It is almost impossible to tell when she ovulated if she was on BC. Some people become VERY fertile after missing their pills for a few days, others don't. I can say that my doctor told me to go on birth control for a while once because I wasn't getting pregnant. She said that it would stop me from ovulating for a while and when I stopped the pills, then I would become very fertile. Excuse the term, but she could have laid an egg with the first missed pill. I really wouldn't worry too much about all of this if I were you. If she did get pregnant, you will know soon enough. I would say there is a good chance you have NOTHING to worry about.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #9
(male)

Enc0unter HB User

Thanks for all the replies :-) Out of curiosity can missing 3 or more birth control pills produce a light period for a week followed by the normal period?

Old 01-10-2005, 11:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

It has with me in the past. The body kind of goes into a hormonal shock and that can bring on some break through bleeding which is also common while taking BCP. Good luck!

Closed Thread