It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
Veteran

Bella535 HB User
Premature Labor

Ok ladies here goes, I've been having contractions, especially when I walk but I figured it was normal so never went to get it checked out. This morn I woke up and my tummy was really hard and I could barely move. I thought that was really strange since I was sleeping the whole night and hadnt been doing hard work or anything of the sort. I called my OB doc and he told me to come in right away. He hooked me up the monitoring machine and he was like yea your having contractions but so far its ok if it continues you gotta come back...........you may go into premature labor! what the hell am I surposed to do!? He didnt tell me to go on bed rest or anything but I feel like a little kid lost in the woods.

any suggestions?

Old 01-10-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: Premature Labor

well dont do alot of course relax and no sex for a few days. I cant remember how far along you are exactly but take it easy. If they persist you need to go back to the er. did they give you meds to stop the contractions??? they should of. Maybe call the L&D and ask them the doctor on call and tell them you need soem they helps I had them with a past pg. and this one as well. good luck. keep me posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 03:32 PM   #3
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

thanx for your response. I am 28 weeks, way too early to have contractions the whole day. I'm alittle confused because the doctor said that if the contractions continue than I'll have to go back to him........so far its been the whole day. what does he mean if it continues........I guess I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow. He actually didnt give me meds maybe becuase he checked me and I'm totally closed. who knows. Its not event he contractions that are bothering me its the back pain that comes along with it thats unbearable! I wanted to come home and take a warm bath but the boiler in our apartment is broken so of course I cant do that, I think its really the only thing I can do at this point.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User

I would take a trip to L&D. You are way too early to even be having contrations all day long. Besides, you could have opened up some by now. Don't take chances. Good Luck to you!!!

Old 01-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I agree....I would go to the L&D ASAP..... I had my son at 28 1/2 wks. No fun. Just skip the doc office altogether and get to your hospital asap and get checked. I am surprised that the doc didnt put you on bedrest.

Please keep us updated okay?

Old 01-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

iylovrkayota HB User

I'm having false contractions here-and-there too.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:12 PM   #7
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

ladies what L&D? I was also surprised that he didnt put me on bedrest but maybe he doesnt realize that this is stuff thats going on the whole day! Right now I'm obviously resting with a hotpad under me which is doing wonders for my back. I will see if I'm still having contractions tomorrow and if I am I will definately call him and do whatever I need to do.
Btw he checked me and told me that I am totally closed!..............

thanx for all your suggestions.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I think L&D is the Labor and Delivery ward of the hospital. I hope they go away soon and you feel better. Keep us posted!

Old 01-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #9
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

The doctor is being a little dismissive for my taste. Go to labor and delivery. They can hook you up with medication to stop the contractions. I can't believe this doctor gave you no instructions. Please go tonight. You want your baby in there as long as possible. God, I can't stand when doctors do this. Take the initiative and go now. Please.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #10
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

Also, ffrom my experience, first time labors can happen suddenly. One minute the contractions seem far apart and then the next you're in full blown labor without much pain. It happened to me. Go over your doctors head, please don't wait. I pray you have the strength to go in and be seen tonight.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #11
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Ok I am 20 weeks and I have days that I have them all day long not majorly painful but noticable still. The meds will stop them my cervix is closed too thats good that doesnt have anythignto do with the meds. You could be going into early labor or jsut having contractions. My docs not worried about mine for some reason. But I sure am. So if they get worse call or go in please adk them about some meds to stop them.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:26 PM   #12
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I aslo forgot to add though your cervix is closed now doesnt mean its on the way to openning up too. Just to be aware of that .Anythings possiable. Your doctor sounds like mine was like it was no big deal when it really is this is my 4th pg so im not going into it blind like the doc thinks I guess. I( should of stayed with my old doctors darn it.)

Old 01-11-2005, 06:18 AM   #13
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

hi ladies, I didnt see all your posts cuz I went to sleep but I didnt go to the hospital but thank god I'm good today I didnt wake up with a rock hard stomach! I'm feeling ok right now but if I start with the contractions like yesterday I'm taking action. Also, this is my first pregnancy so I dont know what to expect or what not to expect. I dont know if what I'm feeling is something or its just normal.....my doc made it sound like it was normal.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:54 AM   #14
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Bella rwad the post IT WASNT A POP AFTER ALL it may be of some help to you also. im glad your feeling better today.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:27 AM   #15
(female)

MomInApril HB User

This might be a dumb question ... but when you guys say your stomach was rock hard, do you mean rock hard from the outside -- to touch? Or do you mean it feels tight on the inside?

I am 26 weeks tomorrow with my first, and have had few complications / weird things so far. Last night while I was in line at the grocery store I felt my stomach (on the outside) and it was so hard ... but I didn't feel anything different on the inside and I felt completely fine. I guess I'd recently eaten too ... and after I eat I always feel like I'm busting out of my body. That's probably what it was yesterday.

Anyway ... I felt the baby move around like a maniac before bed (as usual) so I really didn't think much of it. I feel fine and the little booger is moving all around this morning. But reading the posts with the 'hard stomachs' mentioned -- I just want to make sure I understand so I'll recognize a problem if one arises. Thanks!

Closed Thread