It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
Inactive

Regina21 HB User
Exclamation I felt something "POP" at work today!!

Okay, this has had me paranoid since lunch time. The woman I work with (has 2 kids by the way) told me it was perfectly normal, but i'm still being me and freaking out a little bit. I was heading to the lunch room for my break and my co worker and I were talking when all of a sudden I felt a pop/kick (well not like a kick kick...gosh* so hard to explain) on the right side of my stomach and then for about 2 seconds that one little area had a little bit of tingling. It caught me off guard and was so intense that I yelled "OUCH" and scared my co worker half to death...I tried describing to her what I felt and she said that it was probably the baby kicking, but he happened to hit a nerve??? That it was normal. So i'm sitting there asking stupid questions like "are you sure it wasn't my water?...could it be leaking?" and she laughed her head off telling me that I would know for sures if my water broke...lol* i know it was sill of me. But i was just wondering if anyone else has had that feeling before and if not is it something I should worry about? I've felt my baby kick before (first time christmas morning) and I know what his lil kicks feel like, but lately I haven't been feeling him as active as before...is that normal as well? Any info. would be appreciated...Thanks ladies!

Old 01-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
(female)

BEcca1978 HB User
Re: I felt something "POP" at work today!!

Well, I had this happen to me once but it left me in so much pain I couldn't breath. I have a really high tolerance for pain and this pain literally took my breath away and I thought I was going to die because I couldn't take another breath. I actually felt it at the left side of my ribsright where the ribs meet waist line. The doctor thought it was my spleen or my rib cracking ( I was in the hospital with pneumonia at the time it happened) Anyway, I don't know what it could have been for you. I don't think it was what I experienced or you would have gone straight to the hospital because it WAS painful. I would bring it up to the doctor and ask what it could have been. Post if you find out, I am curious too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

iylovrkayota HB User

Don't know... Sorry!

Old 01-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

It was probably just your baby.....I have had the similar experience. I swear my baby just waited and waited and then gave me one HUGE kick. It hurt for a bit.
You said you were concerned if your water broke...hun, you would know that, cause it has really no where to go but out....I think.
You may be able to get piece of mind if you call your doc and just ask the nurse there. That is what they are there for.

Closed Thread