It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

chelle4 HB User
2nd chance of twins?

hi guys, i'm new here and preg with #4, at least i hope it's 4 and not 5. i have one set of identical twins and my ob said that gives me an increased chance at another set. she also said because i'm healthy as can be and have already carried one set of twins without complications that their going to wait until the typical 20weeks for an u/s. i was just curious if anyone had any other information or personal experience with multiples.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: 2nd chance of twins?

You have my worry also. I have a set of fraternal twins and would like to have another but I am not ready for another set of twins. Not to sound selfish but I would like to have just one after these to sit back and enjoy. My son is four and my girls are 3. So my son wasn't a baby long before I had my girls. I was overwhelmed. So I understand your concern. I know someone who has had three sets of twins...in fact I have another friend who had three sets but lost one of two of the sets and both of one set. I have met a few woman who have had two sets of twins. I don't know what the chance is and there isn't ANYTHING we can do about it so just take what God gives you and pray for health even if it is two or three!!! Keep us posted....now I'm curious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
(female)

chelle4 HB User

soul, my dd is almost 4 and my boys are almost 3. so it sounds like are kids are pretty close.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

OMG that is too cool. My turn 5,4,4 in May and June. 13 months apart. So what made you think about getting pg again. I have been tetering with the idea to the point that it drives me crazy. Sometimes I want another but then there's the chance of twins again and YOU know how overwhelming it can get at times....I don't know about you but I have no help. My husband works in another county and we were going to get a divorce but I might hang in there, things seem to be turning around. So......I might get pg again too. Congrats by the way!

Old 01-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #5
(female)

chelle4 HB User

we knew we wanted to have 1 more child and i was concerned that it would be to far apart from the other kids. especially because they are so close in age. but if we have more than one we will survive it. and yes so far i've done most o fit without help, although dh does alot, but we have no family nearby. thats about to change though with my inlaws moving to town next week

Old 01-11-2005, 10:39 PM   #6
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I'm still not sure...I have thought so much about it today. Maybe I'll wait until you have yours and see how it is for you. hahaha That's what I am wondering...how will it be having siblings so much older than the new one will be...will the child be a pain in the butt? I was the youngest of four and there is a five year gap between me and my sister...we were never real close...and I heard I gave my mom a really hard time. Confusing. So when do you go for your appt to find out if it is one or mults? I can't wait to find out.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:20 AM   #7
(female)

chelle4 HB User

they won't do the u/s till 20 wks and i'm only 15 so i have alittle wait yet. it's driving me crazy. but i don't feel like it's twins at this point, but 2mon ago i felt huge!

Closed Thread