It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #1
(female)

chelle4 HB User
painless contractions

ok i have another ? after 2 preg, my ob realized that it seems i have rather painless contractions that don't show up on the monitor, and i have really short labor. she said she concerned because this being baby #4 i could go really fast and not even realize i'm in full labor. has anyone else had to deal with this? i never thought i would be concerned about not knowing i was about to deliver, but now i am. She also said i would probly have to take a class on how to deliver at home or other non hospital scenarios.

Old 01-11-2005, 04:08 AM   #2
(female)

wild_thang_386 HB User
Re: painless contractions

is it so bad to have this condition??? i would love to have that kind of pregnancy, no pain and the thrill of having my baby at walmart or something (but especially freaking out bf/dh). hehe. well both my sister and friend had the same thing as u. my sister was in labor all nite w her 2nd child. she just had a lil stomach ache (as well as my friend). when my sister woke in the morning, she told her mother-in-law about her tummy hurting. she took her to the doctor and found out she was dilating already. she wasnt even at the hospital that long, and had her son. but the classes ur doctor is talking about, sounds interesting and good to know...just in case. wish u the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 04:19 AM   #3
(female)

jo905 HB User
Re: painless contractions

Hi I have had the same sort of labours as you. My first I didnt have any contractions and didnt even realise I was having her til they told me her head was almost out! My second labour I had painful contractions but I was only in labour for 35 mins! They told me it is called a precipitate labour if u give birth in under an hour so hopefully with this next one Ill be induced early and like the others Ill already be in hospital.
Luckilly I was 2 weeks over with my other 2 and was in hospital being induced anyway & Im sure I only felt contractions with the 2nd as they needed to use 4 lots of gel on me to get labour started hope this answers your question anyway ask to be induced early thats what Im gonna do.

Closed Thread