It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 06:45 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Prenatal Yoga Class - update

I started my prenatal Yoga class last night. It felt good and not too strenuous. I have never tried Yoga before. We did about 45 minutes of stretching exercises, which felt good, and 15 minutes of relaxation, which felt even better. I didn't get too tired like I normally do from exercise. I also got to meet other pregnant women in my area, although all of our due dates are vastly different. I would recommend it if you have a class in your area.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User
Re: Prenatal Yoga Class - update

jm..im really glad that you enjoyed the class....i know you had your reservations in the beginning about going.

hows your back been??
still going to p/t?

hope all else is well

Cara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I thought the class might do me some good, so I signed up for it. It's exercise and keeps the blood flowing, so it's good for me. The relaxation exercises were nice at the end. That will be nice once a week!

Thanks for thinking about me. I am done with physical therapy now. My therapist gave me some stretches and things to do to manage the pain since there is nothing to make it go away completely. She also gave me a pregnancy belt which is really helping a lot. I was doing a lot better and doing more until this past weekend which was very physically taxing on my body. I had to fly out of state for my grandfather's funeral, lug my suitcase around by myself (no one would help me, even when I asked for help), and spend the weekend with people (family) who couldn't care less that I'm pregnant and in pain nor that I can't go 6 hours without eating. I'm so glad to be home, but my back is really sore this week. I have a prenatal massage scheduled for the end of February and I was thinking about moving that up and going sooner. For the most part, though, I'm doing well. The baby is healthy and moving around like crazy. She reminds me evey day that all is well with her.

How are you doing? How's your pregnancy going?

Old 01-12-2005, 08:31 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User

im really sorry to hear about your grandfather...and it really is a shame that some people just dont have a clue when it comes to pregnant women and the fact that some things just get harder to do....and i hear that about not being able to eat for 6+ hours.....once upon a time i could go that long...now, its more like i have to eat something, even if its small every 2 or 3 hrs.
must feel good to be home now though...
you day the that p/t gave you a belt....how does that work?

i stopped going to p/t in the beginning of december...things were just too busy, and as long as i dont over do it...i dont have too many problems....but my back is starting to really bug the snot out of me again...might think about starting again soon

work went from wonderful to a nightmare...and in the end, i was terminated (they say its because i called out sick during the 90 day trial period, but i think its very convenient that it was f/t w/full benefits and i was asked by a manager the day before i called out sick if i was pregnant (and yes i know they cant do that, but what am i supposed to do, lie about it??))
so i called a state agency that deals in workplace discrimination....i have to fill out the equivalent of a book, but just based on the conversations that i have had with them, they do want to pursue the case....needless to say, that has been causing quite a bit of stress, but i will manage somehow....
my pregnancy has been pretty good for the most part...i did start having contractions at 18 wks, but that has stopped so that was a relief, and this little guy has been kicking the snot out of me quite regularly (even kicked the docs doppler off my stomach yesterday, which was quite amusing).
im still measuring a few weeks ahead, but i know that my dates arent wrong, so they are just figuring hes going to be a little bruiser (my mom had all 9+lb babies so i guess im doomed)
the doc will have me in for another u/s in 6-8 wks to moniter the previa (i was diagnosed with complete previa at 17 wks) and after the next u/s we will get a better idea if the placenta has been pulled up or if i get scheduled for a c section, but no worries there (just that i have been on pelvic rest for what seems like forever(which inevitably means no nookie))
things are going well as long as i keep my head screwed on straight...keep me updated about yourself too.
chat soon

Cara

Old 01-12-2005, 09:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Oh, Cara, I'm so sorry to hear about your job situation. That's the last thing you need right now. I am glad that they are going to pursue it, that's just not right.

I am sorry to hear that your back is bothering you. I hope the p/t helps and you can get back in soon. I hope the previa corrects itself as well. It will be nice to have another ultrasound to see your baby, though. I'm glad your contractions have stopped. That must have been really scary.

The p/t belt is called a SI Loc maternity belt and it was $30 through the p/t office. Basically, there is a wide strap/pad that goes across my lower abdomen to support the baby slightly off my pelvis and a strap the goes snugly around my pelvis and back and velvros to the abdomen pad. My problem is the ligaments in my pelvis stretching too far too soon, so the belt holds everything together better. It works really well, but I still can't overdo it. It basically gets me through my daily chores and the errands and things I need to do, whereas before the belt, I had to plan my days around grocery shopping and laundry - both of which were too much in and of themselves, let alone doing anything else during the day. I am able to do a lot more now, but still mainly just everyday stuff that I used to take for granted.

Overall, I'm doing well with this pregnancy. I can handle issues with my body much better than I can handle issues with the baby, and she's fine, kicking like crazy. I tape recorded the doppler heartbeat at my last appointment so dh and dd could hear it. I got about 5 seconds of her heartbeat before she kicked the doppler off and moved and then it was muffled...LOL! I'm enjoying being pregnant for the most part. I know that the back pain is temporary and will go away shortly after the baby is born and so will the latest issue with my body - acid reflux. I'm going to talk to my doctor about Zantac, Tums, etc. when I go for my appointment tomorrow morning. I had it with my dd also, just don't remember it starting this early. I am only 24 1/2 weeks (it's been a couple weeks now). It's more annoying than anything and makes me not want to eat anything (nothing tastes good the second time around), but I force myself anyway. It's all just temporary stuff that will go away in no time, so it's all okay.

I have a bazillion projects I want to finish before the baby's born. I didn't realize until this morning just how many current projects I have going. I have a full page list...LOL! Guess I'd better get moving.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User

please dont tell me that its too early to be having heartburn and reflux....ive had it for 2 weeks or better...and the last few days, its been nonstop...even when im eating...and im only 22 1/2 weeks....and seeing as this little guy is starting to creep up toward my ribs...i cant see the end to heartburn in sight.
tums have been helping quite a bit, and when i talked to my doc about it yesterday, she said that i could take mylanta (in whichever form i choose) if it gets worse and tums stop working....(i know my mom, who was preg 10 yrs ago, had the best luck with mylanta, and it wasnt as expensive as some of the other stuff)...we shall see though.

i just got back from burlington coat factory, as that is where i will be doing my registry, and i picked out all sorts of stuff....just have to sort thru it now and go to the website to fill everything in....seems like a lot of work, but all for good reason i suppose

that belt sounds like its really pretty useful, which is a blessing.....might talk to my p/t about it (she calls me every couple weeks since i stopped going to see how things are and see how im holding up.

i hear you about major projects and our insane need to create more of them....i have so many that i dont even know where to start anymore....

i have to go make a phone call about this awful job situation...the guy from corporate called and said that he "thinks i'll be pleased with the resolution the company has found".... the only way that i'll be pleased is if they offer me MY job back with compensation for the two weeks that they conveniently put me out of work AND have my benefits retroactive to the date that i started 3 weeks ago (seeing as i have lost these weeks toward the insurance because you have to be employed consistently working 35 + hrs a week for two month, which i would have been had they not put me thru this hell)
i will post later and let you know how this nightmare is going

Cara

Closed Thread