It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 08:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Ca***l Tunnel During Pregnancy??

At 37 weeks I have recently developed what my dr. said is ca***l tunnel syndrome. At night my right hand gets numb (mostly in the tips of 4 of my fingers). I also feel extreme tightness when I try to make a fist. It disappears a few hours after I get up in the morning but the tips of my fingers remain tingly all day.

Has anyone else suffered from this before?

Old 01-11-2005, 08:09 AM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: Ca***l Tunnel During Pregnancy??

yup its no fun. after you have the baby you need to get a nerve conduction test done for sure unless you already have. It shocks your nerves to see if thats what it is. It doesnt hurt though. If so you will need surgery then. Ca***l tunnel doent go away once you have it. I do repitive work for a living and had it before it sucks. one thing I will suggest is this. If it wakes you up every night then you know youve got it bad hang your entire arm off the side of the bed it will let more blood get to it and will feel better. or I had an over mit with an ice pack in it and slept it helped too. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 08:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

Thank you for your reply Sandra. I read that it gets better after pregnancy. I worked as a secretary for 6+ years and never had any complications and suddenly the past week it's been irritating me. I hope it's not that serious.

did you get surgery?

Old 01-11-2005, 08:45 AM   #4
(female)

astw22 HB User

Micheybell.. I also had exactly what you describe.. it started in my third trimester.. happy to say though it went shortly after birth without any other intervention.. hope this problem goes away after birth on its own for you too.. also with my tingly fingers.. it made me kinda clutzy.. i dropped everything it seemed..

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Old 01-11-2005, 09:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

Yep, I had it too. I totally forgot about all those little nuances during the last trimester! My right finger tips were completely numb. I don't remember when it went away, all of the sudden about 2 weeks after a I had DD, it was gone. I'm 17 weeks now, and I don't have it yet again. Just birsitis in my hips

Old 01-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #6
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I think maybe people have the starts of it with all the symptoms but not full on ca***l tunnel casue im pretty sure it doesnt just go away. Has anyone ever had it with a nerve conduction test and it still went away? a doctor may say you have it but without a test being done they cant say for sure. its a very painful thing.
Yes I did have surgery mine was so bad I wanted to die im getting it again in my otehr hand but its not bad yet since im off work right now it helps.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I had to go to the ER on Dec 13 due to arm and wrists pains. My mom and sister (who had her baby the same day I went to the ER) both told me that I have c.t.s. The doctor, however, said I pulled something. He gave me relaxers and sent me on my way. Yet, I still get numbess...whatever Anyway I was told typing is no good for c.t.s. and if it becomes painful, to try a wrist sling. I've posted on the carp tunnel board and that was what they suggested

Closed Thread