It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User
fatigue is an understatement...

This is my 4th pregnancy (I'm 10 weeks) & I have never felt so tired in my life. I fall asleep all the time & I don't feel like doing anything. Not even doing a load of laundry. I don't remember feeling this way with any of my other pregnancies. I sleep all the time, I just can't stay awake. Anyone else having this problem? I am starting to feel like a bad mom cause I can't stay awake for my 4 year old that is still home. My other 2 are in school.

Chris

Old 01-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

thomps11 HB User
Re: fatigue is an understatement...

Im not having this problem now.. but how far along are you?
I was exactly like that until I hit about 4 1/2 months.
Now my energy is back but I still cant do things the way I used to that is for sure.
My poor husband had to take the brunt and do everything we went for a few months eating already made meals from the grocery store b/c I was too tired to do anything.

With me it is my first pregnancy , so my midwife said it was my body adjusting..
But since this is your 4th Id go and see your doctor . You may have low iron levels which can cause you to be lethargic.

Good luck and I hope you start to feel better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #3
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Im totally with you. This is my 4th pg alsop and Im the same way. ive never been this tired with any of my other before. I dont do anything literally. I have a 1,2,8 yrd old now and I take care of them but thats is I odnt do laundry or anything much. Im so tired I cant stop being this way. I take a nap everyday and sleep in too. thank goodness I have a good dh. Im not working right now due to an injury. Ive gotten so lazy. I dont know why I have no energy either. Your not alone. I keep waiting for it to pass but it doesnt even ease up.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I am 28 & I'm 10 weeks 1 day pregnant. I have already had blood work done & the doctor has not mentioned any problems. My kids ages are 4, 6, & 8. I have also felt so lazy. I don't want to feel this way. I am a stay at home mom so I don't have to worry about going to work, thank god too cause I don't even know how I would stay there without something to sleep on...lol. I have to get up every morning to take my kids to school but as soon as I come home I am back on the couch sleeping. I will be so glad when this passes. It is going to pass right? I kindda thought maybe it is because it's my 4th pregnancy that I'm just so tired. We have also been buying ready made meals from the grocery store, I send my husband out to get dinner or we just order pizza to be delivered. There is so much needed cleaning to be done but I can't muster up the energy to do anything. Glad to hear someone else is going through this. Mommaboyz if you don't mind me asking how far along are you?
Chris

Old 01-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #5
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Hi chris I am 20 weeks

Old 01-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

NO KIDDING!!! I am almost 29 weeks and I could sleep and sleep and sleep and still be soooo tired. I had my iron levels checked and they are fine, and everything else is fine. DANG!! I hate this feeling. My guess, for me, anyway, is that I am pushing 30 (not too old, but for me, i FEEL old). I had my first kid at 22, then had 2 miscarriages (one in 1999 and one in 2003). I think my body is just toooooooo old for this. Thank goodness this is my last. I am exhausted. And my poor son....i get crabby when I am tired.

Hope you feel better soon.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #7

Jupiters008 HB User

I am the same exact way, i am so tired it kills me to walk down the steps to go to the restroom ( which is ALL THE TIME ) i am 9 weeks. I sleep all day, i am too tired to cook, get dressed, clean...anything. This is my first child. I hope this changes soon.
Good luck to you !

Old 01-11-2005, 06:13 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I am thinking this has something to do with my age too. I had my 1st child at 19 & this is my 4th at 28. I will have this child 2 weeks before my 29th birthday. This is also my last. Even if I could (which I can't) I don't think I would want to do this again. I would rather be throwing up all day (I have done) then feel tired all the time with no energy. I hope this passes soon. My house is going to crap. I need to clean. Glad to hear I am not the only one.
Good Luck Everyone!
Chris

Closed Thread