It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
May Mommies ~10~

Starting a new thread others too long. WERE A TALKITIVE BUNCH LOL
May~6 tulipdawn(Sarah)(boy),Packerfan4ever
May 8th~~Carrie- (boy)
May 11th - tmarsh, Alleyne ( girl)
May 14~ CUtigress (girl),Ducki (boy)

May~18 Holly-Lynn (boy)
MAY 22~Jenn.e
May 23~thomps11 (dawn)(surprise sex), Zazzaz

May 25~ Emily'smamma (boy)
May~26~twotulips (sarah)
May 30~~ Mommaboyz (girl) Bananna,Chrissi(boy) ,Jsiplon (girl)

Old 01-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #2
(female)

TulipDawn HB User
Re: May Mommies ~10~

Actually my new due date is May 1st... no biggie though he's coming when he wants to...

Well my gluccose test is tomorrow... what are some symptoms of GB? I'm freaking out a little about it since I weigh a little more then I should and a lot more then I did with my ds. Is it normal to sleep after each meal? Is it normal to be thirsty ALL the time? Is it normal to crave sweets nonstop? I try to hold off on to much candy but sometimes an apple or orange just doesn't cut it!

Tomorrow is my 27th bday and I haven't been able to stop crying today. It's not that I think I'm old because I'm not...I won't think of myself as old until I go through menopause! I just miss my husband (which I know is normal), my ds is growing up to fast for me (he no longer wants me to walk him to/from the bus stop) and I want baby xavier to just get here so I tell him stories about his dad. Plus, that is half of geno and I'm praying he looks like him.

I have been trying to fill my days up with stuff to do. I'm volunteering at the animal shelter here, I'm crossstitching a lighthouse picture that I've been working on for over a year, and I signed up for numerous classes at the hospital (breastfeeding, prenatal yoga, infant care, happy baby classes, etc...) Is this a good thing to do? In NC I had a ton of support since I was on an army base but here in northeastern oh there isn't such thing....

Ok, well sorry to babble, I just needed someone who is as hormonal as I am to listen since my mom doesn't seem to understand.

Thanks,
Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Sarah, I wish I could give you a big hug! You are very srtong, you'll make it through. I think that it is a wonderful idea to sign up for all of those classes. I too am doing prenatal yoga, and I love it! As far as the glucose tolerance test, I think you will be the first of the May Mommies to have it. I was told you will drink a very sweet sugary mix ( if you can pick the flavor, I heard cola is the best one) and then they compare your blood sugar level with a blood test(done prior too) I crave the sweets too, but that has nothing to do with the pregnancy! I alsoused to volunteer at an animal shelter, and I wanted to take home every animal- I have enough as it is! I know you must miss dh something terrible, but if it makes you feel better, I think of those troops every day, and admire what they are doing for us, they are truly amazing. Your family will be in my prayers.........

Just a question for you ladies- Does anyone feel like they might deliver earlier than the due date you were given? My doctor hasn't moved up my due date, he says he never likes to do that, but on my sono in the very beginning, I wa told I was a week, and 5 days ahead of when my due date should have been. I just have the feeling that I will be an April mommy!

Carrie

Old 01-11-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ducki979 HB User

carrie...funny you should mention due dates...
i had this awful dream last night that i was two weeks overdue and the doc told me that they'd wait until june and then we could start talking about alternatives....i woke up screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive got this funny feeling that this little guy is going to be anything but early...dont know why..just do....and i say that knowing that my doc wants to move up my due date to the beginning of may.....i think my little man will cook as long as his little heart desires!

i stopped by my docs office today because i needed some papers filled out for wic, and my reg doc (who i havent seen in three months walked by and asked me if i had a min....i said sure....so she brought me into a room, and asked me how things were and said she hadnt seen me because of the way the office rotates, but that she wanted to check in with me and see how i was doing for herself...then she asked if would mind if she listened to the baby's h/b....what am gonna say...no?!?!
well wouldnt you know...this little twerp of mine kicked the doppler and the doc dropped it...i think it startled her...lol....we had a good laugh over that!
then she measured me again....said i was still measuring big, but that was ok, and asked me how work was going.....
i lost it...started crying right there on the table....so we talked for about 20 minutes, and she gave me some resources about who i could call, and suggested that maybe i take something to help get me thru the next few weeks.... (i knew deep down that i really needed to do something)..so she gave me a script for prozac and told me that if i didnt want to take it (cuz she knows i hate taking stuff anyways) that i could always cut the pill in half and take it every other day....we'll see....

i have a reg appt in two weeks...she told me to just keep my reg appt and she would see me then....i guess i kinda feel better about getting some of that stuff off my chest.

well, off to do laundry....chat later

Cara

Old 01-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Cara- I am suprised she gave you a scrip for prozac, because if taken in the third trimester, it can cause premature birth. I know that every doc is different, I just know that there are other medications that are safer during pregnancy for anxiety and depression. She sounds like she truly cares though.

Old 01-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

Hello beautiful ladies!
Sarah, the Glucose test isn't that bad. It's kind of boring. You drink the SWEET stuff (I picked the Orange drink--a more sugary tasting orange soda) and wait an hour for them to be able to draw your blood. I had mine done early because I always show signs of dehydration at my Doc appointments. Mine was ok, and I TOO CRAVE SWEETS! My biggest craving right now is pumpkin pie batter! I also have been craving Twix bars, and of course (depending on the Holiday) those Reese's peanut butter Hearts, or Trees, etc. But Pumpkin Pie batter?? WEIRD! I am sorry to hear your hubby is gone. But you are doing the right thing by joining all those groups--it will help you get out and about and meet other people. GOOD THINKING!!
And yes, being EXTRA thirsty is NORMAL. ;-)
Carrie, I think I am with Cara about being 2 weeks overdue! That dream was hillarious Cara!
And that was GREAT that your doc talked to you about things Cara! And the baby kicking so hard the doc dropped the doppler?! OMG!!! HA
And I think the Prozac thing isn't too bad of an idea. I was told that it's best to wait until the last trimester to avoid complications to the baby. But, if taking something worries you, don't take it. HANG IN THERE!!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 04:16 PM   #7
(female)

TulipDawn HB User

I to believe that I will be early. I'm guessing the day after tax day (16th). I was a couple weeks early with my ds. My SIL(my husbands twin brothers wife) is due the 9th of May. It will be interesting that is for sure....

I haven't had to many weird dreams. Every now and then I get one but quickly forget it when I wake up.

Well, I picked a doula for the birth. My mom made me feel so much better. We sat down together and read through the "biographies" of each one. We laughed so hard at some of the wording. It was nice for a chance to cry because I was laughing so hard. Thank the Lord I went to the bathroom before or I would have wet my pants (which wouldn't be anything new).

~Sarah~

Old 01-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #8
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I agree Cara about her really caring thats great. I ont know about the prozac though.

Sarah~ Its good your getting out there and being busy all the time. im sosorry you miss your dh so bad I dont balme you though. When did you say you will see him again?

I always think I will deliver but I never do other than a few days. I have a feeling this one will stay in as long as possiable too. darn it.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #9
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I agree Cara about her really caring thats great. I ont know about the prozac though.

Sarah~ Its good your getting out there and being busy all the time. im sosorry you miss your dh so bad I dont balme you though. When did you say you will see him again?

I always think I will deliver but I never do other than a few days. I have a feeling this one will stay in as long as possiable too. darn it.

I dont really know all the signs of the glocose test but im overweight and have very bad eating habbits and Ive never had it yet (fingers crossed) good luck on it tomorrow Sarah

Old 01-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I'm scared that my son will come early. I'm not talking one to two weeks early though, I mean two + months early. I'm not even at my 24 week mark yet. Won't be until Feb. 3! Anyway, two nights ago, I had a dream that I went into premature labor at 21 weeks and the doctor had to tell me that she couldn't save my baby. I woke up in a sweat and curled up close to my boyfriend. Poor thing gets woken up everytime I have a nightmare. He felt Jayden move for the first time tonight though We were sitting on the couch and I asked if he wanted to try and feel the baby move. Of course we tried before, except it never worked. Anyway, while he sat there with his hand on my stomach, Jayden gave out a good kick and before I could ask my boyfriend if he felt it, he goes, "I felt that," and then went back to watching tv lol

Old 01-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #11

CUtigress HB User

Keep the info coming on the glucose test; I'm curious when I'll have mine... You actually wait a whole hour after drinking it?

Can't wait to go to the doc's next week, finally get to talk to her about the u/s results and to see if she wants to move our date up. DH is so giddy at the idea already. LOL
BFP 09/04/04
Rachael Marie born 05/09/05

Old 01-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

I know that a normal glucose test is one hour, however, if you test positive, they make you come bak and do a 3 hour test, YUCK!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 06:11 PM   #13
(female)

TulipDawn HB User

Well, they scheduled my glucose test for 3 hours. I haven't taken one yet with this pregnancy. Do you think they might have done this because she is worried that I am positive? I remember the test with my son and it was only one hour and negative. I guess maybe this is just the way this hospital works. I'll let you guys know tomorrow... cross your fingers and pray....
~Sarah~

Old 01-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #14
(female)

TulipDawn HB User

Hopefully my dh will be home that last week of July first week of august for 2wk r&r. Then he will be going back until at least after christmas. Maybe sooner but I doubt it.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #15
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

No they do them here for 3 hours also it sucks waiting there the whole tim so we normally walk around the hospital and see all the new little babies.

Closed Thread