It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

fillorbust HB User
Help, I feel as if I'm poisioning this baby!!

Hello all. I am very concerned at this time about baby's development and the meds I have to take. I am 13 1/2 weeks and 1 week ago I was diagnosed with Bells Palsy. They had to put me on prednisone for it. The Dr had to call my OB/GYN to get the ok and they said that was fine. I'm still nervous. I guess it could be because with my other 3 pregnancies I only took my vitamin, iron supplement and an occasional tylenol. With this one, I have had to take 800mg motrin for pain, prednisone, tylenol, zyrtec/claritin (for hives), and of course the vitamin. All the drugs listed have been ok'd by the OB/GYN, but I just can't help but be nervous about taking them. I know people have done worse things than that, but I guess you just never know what will happen. Sorry for rambling, but I feel a little better. I also go to the DR this afternoon, which will be a relief for me. Especially because I'll get to hear the heartbeat or maybe because of my concern, he'll do a quick ultrasound scan. (luckily for me, they have a machine in their office!!) Thanks for listening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: Help, I feel as if I'm poisioning this baby!!

I'm sure everything will be fine if they cleared it through your OB/GYN. Maybe they will do an ultrasound for you so you can see that the baby is fine. If not now, than you should have one in a few weeks. Let us know how everything goes and I'm sorry to hear about your illness. Were they able to get it under control?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User

I know someone who was on Prednisone through her entire pregnancy, due to rheumatoid arthritis. The baby was born healthy. She also took other meds as well as cortisone shots. If OB says ok, then have faith!

Old 01-12-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Prednisone is okay during pregnancy. Bells Palsey? YUCK. I got that in March of 2003 after I had a miscarriage (molar pregnancy). I got it on both sides and was in SOOOO much pain!! I actually went to the ER before my bells was formally diagnosed, and the doc told me that it was all in my head. Rude. Anyway.... Did you get it on one side or both sides? I hope it clears up nicely for you. Mine, is still very present. I cant smile and sometimes my speech is not understandable to some people. It sucks and I wish you the best!!

Old 01-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

I have taken motrin800, zyrtec, tylenol w/codiene with this PG. No experience with the prednisone, but my baby is fine. I have a herniated disk in my back.

Motrin is safe for the first half of pg. After that it gets a little risky.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 01-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #6
(female)

fillorbust HB User

Thank you all for listening to me and letting me vent my feelings. The Bells Palsy has only affected the right side of my face. There is quite a bit of pain associated with that. I didn't really realize how much. The only way to describe it is that it feels like a lot of sinus pressure but only on the one side. I went to the OB/GYN today and he ended up doing a quick scan and baby seems to be doing well!! Thank goodness. I do feel much better about the meds now. I did get to talk to the doc and he was very reassuring.

Closed Thread