It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User
Bryce is here - 4 weeks early

okay here it is... on December 26th i woke up to pee for the 6th time and when i turned around to flush (because i had gotten so good at doing everything with my eyes clothes) i noticed that there wasn't just pee in the toiliet but quite a bit of blood (mostly brown) but none the less it was still blood. So i calmly... told my husband we had to go to the hospital and my husband was dressed before i had my hands washed and opened the door. I was trying to get upset or stressed out i washed my face and brushed my teeth and went down stairs. when we got to the hospital (I have never stepped foot in this hospital before and our "tour" was supposed to be that coming tuesday so my husband had to find out where we had to go. finally they monitored me and determined that i had total placenta previa and that my chances of hemorraging were high and the contractions were less than 10 minutes apart. well they admitted me gave me anti biotics (since i was opened up), fluids, and lots of meds to stop contractions... well this is all on dec 26thj... well i stopped bleeding about a day or so later but they wouldn't let me go home becuase i didn't live close enough where if i started bleeding again there woulnd't be enough time for an emergecny c-section. they held out uintil i was a day over 36 weeks and did the c-section. that all went well except the spinal anethesia... they had to try twice... and they kept telling to to relax.... surgeries don't bother me but i had to curl up in a ball and RELAX>>> with a belly as big as it was.. yeah right.... finally they got it in and the rest was easy.. i just laid there. my husband was there the whole time. it was great.. finally i could feel the pressure of the dr.s working on me and then one of the drs pressed really hard on my belly and i heard him cry... my husband and i both just started to cry.. it was so beautiful. my husband went with the nurses and the baby while i got fixed up. when i went to recovery got to hold my baby in my arms.. but then 20 minutes later the pediatricion had to take him becuase his blood sugar kept dropping... and so now he is in ICU..
Recovery was tough.. the same day as surgery that had me on a iv that CREATED contractions... they kept giving my pain killers but once the anesthesia wore off all i could feel was those contractions.. it was horrible. by the middle of the night when the drip was over.. then i felt fine. the next morning they made me get up... and use the bathroom (oh yeah they took the catheter out that morning) well after a lot of screaming and crying i made it to the bathroom. but i couldn't pee after 10 minutes with the water running i had to scream and cry all the way back to my bed. so i forced my self to drink a ton of water so i could start going to the bathroom... everything i read said the sooner you start walking that faster you recover.. well i had to get to the icu unit to see my baby so i had real motivation... so i drank lots of water and finally called the nurses and three nurses 20m inutes.. and lots of screaming and crying.. i peed. i made myself drink a lot of water all day long so i could keep getting up. i couldn't get to the icu unit that same day but the next morning i could use the bathroom by myself and i had my husband wheel me down to see my baby. each day it has gotten easier.. i am totally of pain meds (with the exception of tylenol) and doing well. my back hurts from the spinal anethesia and laying in a bed for nearly three weeks. i can walk qjuite a bit but not as much as i'd like to but at least i am at home and not in the bed. i would have stayed but at least here i have my dh and my dogs... at the hospital i had nothing. also, now i don't have to wait for the dr to come by and see me before i go see my baby.
i will keep you posted on my son's progress and let you know when he comes home! keep him in you prayers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: Bryce is here - 4 weeks early

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a rough time and recovery, but I'm sure he is beautiful, and you will have him home soon. We will keep you in our prayers. Get the rest while you can, and feel better.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

drewsmom24 HB User

First off congratulations and happy mothering.
I also wanted to let you know that my son was in the ICU for 2 1/2 weeks after he was born. I had time to recover and he was well taken care of. He will be fine and when he comes home you will be able to take care of him better because you had time to heal before he comes home.

Last edited by drewsmom24; 01-12-2005 at 12:41 PM.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Congratulations! Hope your little man gets better soon and is soon home to cuddle in your arms. Take care and get the rest now while you can.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:19 PM   #5
(female)

Kimberly HB User

I'm scheduled to have a c-section on May 9th so your post really has me curious. When you went to the bathroom and found it really hard, is that because of the cathedar coming out? Or because your belly hurt from the c-section? I'm really nervous about having my section

Old 01-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Congrats!! Im sorry you endured so much pain. But this is a sign of how strong your son will be - he will be home in no time at all!!! He has a stong mama and will prove to be strong too!!

Old 01-12-2005, 02:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Dh22...
Congratulations to you and your dh! I remember you from the ttc boards...I wish your son the best recovery and your family..I'm sure you'll have him home soon!
Congratulations again and best wishes!
S

Old 01-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #8
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Congrats on your little boy. im sure all will be fine I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:00 PM   #9
(female)

thomps11 HB User

Im so happy for you and your dh!!!!

I most certainly will keep you in my prayers!

Let us know the updates and when your son comes home.

Best wishes (love the name you picked btw)

Dawn

Old 01-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #10
(female)

chrystina505 HB User

Congratulations! how much did Bryce weigh at birth? Hope all goes well for you and hope lil' Bryce gets to come home soon!

Old 01-13-2005, 05:45 AM   #11
Inactive

DSAK143 HB User

Hey DH!!~

OMG!! Congratulations!!! I'm sorry to hear that it was a rough recovery..but once the lil one is home I'm sure the pain will be a distant memory I'm sending you much love and Bryce will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery! Take it easy girl!!
Doreen

Old 01-13-2005, 07:05 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

congrats on your baby. this whole time has flown by! i will be keeping your family and your new little one in my thoughts.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

He was 5 lbs 2 oz...
thank you all so much for your wonderful thoughts and prayers and encouragement.
it was hard going to the bathroom because of the anesthesia effects on the bladder.... and then of course of the pushing.. but i just waited until it came out on it's own.. just like my first bowel movement... i let it come out on it's own... i was afraid to push BUT a few days later i am doing better. the hardest part is getting up and sitting down.

Closed Thread