It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 01:28 PM   #1

Jewel2436 HB User
Unhappy 1st Trimester Help!

I am about 7weeks along and for the past few days I have been very emotional. Anxiety (including 2 panic attacks) and lots of crying. I had to leave work early today because I couldn't stop sobbing. I am not sure what I am even crying over. Could it be all of the changes in my hormones, and if so when will I start to feel better? Has anyone ever heard of this. I thought I would be glowing with happiness while pregnant.
Thank-You
Jewel

Last edited by Jewel2436; 01-12-2005 at 01:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: 1st Trimester Help!

Yes, it is probably the hormones. They start to level off after the first trimester, but we are still hyper-sensitive until after the baby is born. Good luck! If it gets really bad, there are meds the doctor can prescribe to help with your anxiety/pani attacks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Yes, it is probably the hormones. They start to level off after the first trimester, but we are still hyper-sensitive until after the baby is born. Good luck! If it gets really bad, there are meds the doctor can prescribe to help with your anxiety/pani attacks.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:28 PM   #4
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Yes its normal. I hope it will pass for you soon. We all get emotional at times when were pg. Im 20 weeks with #4 and I cry all the time just cause im pg.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #5
(female)

chelle4 HB User

like everyone has said it is normal for the hormones to make you emotional. but from my experience not every one understands how bad it can get unless they've been through it. this is baby #4, and i am on med to help me through this preg, emotionally speaking.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I would say hormones. I spent about twenty minutes this morning just bawling for no apparent reason. my husband came home from work (he works third) and woke me up and I just cried and cried. I wasn't sad or anything! I am at 17 weeks, and it has gotten some better! But at 6 weeks, when I found out, I was a wreck, just a total wreck. Hope you start to feel better!

Old 01-13-2005, 04:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

Have you not heard of all of the jokes about pregnant women crying over nothing?? Well, welcome to pregnancy. There is a very romantic view given to pregnancy...and then you actually get pregnant and realize that the movies have been hiding a lot of the truth from you for all of these years. It does get better for a while in the 2nd trimester...but you will probably cry for no reason for most of your pregnancy. I've cried because my cat LOOKED sad. Because I spilled a pea size drop of food on my shirt. Because something was funny on TV. You'll look back and laugh at your hormones someday.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:44 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I think the cat thing is funny! DH has a saltwater fish tank, and hte other day he brought home this freaky lookign star fish, well it is very scary lookign, and I saw it and realized I would have to see it all the time, and ran out of the room just bawling my head off!

Old 01-14-2005, 09:52 PM   #9
(female)

tomatoes49 HB User

23 weeks here
and well i've been crying all day
but those last few post made me laugh
so thanks
you have your days for crying and well today is mine

Closed Thread