It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
When do you start to show?? I may be a pregnant bridesmaid!

I know it varies, but for your first pregnancy, when do you normally start showing? I am 5'2" and 100 lbs while not pregnant. I am still not pregnant yet, but have been actively trying for 4 months. I was just asked to be a bridesmaid in June - so if I get pregnant soon then I may be 6 months pregnant by then! We are not telling anyone that we are ttc, but then I don't know if I should tell her that I may be 5 or 6 months pregnant by then if I get pregnant soon.

So with being a bridesmaid in the future and having a dress to be altered and all, I am not sure what to do and when I would start showing when I finally do get pregnant. Or how large I might be at 5 or 6 months.

~Laura~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #2

Alleyne HB User
Re: When do you start to show?? I may be a pregnant bridesmaid!

You'll definitely show at 5-6 months... especially in a bridesmaid dress ya know? You won't be huge or anything, but definitely looking pregnant.

If I were you I would wait until I your pregnant than tell her depending on how far along you'll be at the time. I was able to easily hide my pregnancy up to 20 weeks, but than again I wasn't putting on form fitting dresses.. hehe..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Hi, I got married at 20 weeks, and people kept telling me I wasn't showing, but I felt like I was. I am naturally small, but I don't think that has anything to do with it, people carry differently. But really, you will be so happy to be pregnant, and a taylor can fit you into anything, I really wouldn't care how you look at all, you'll be glowing! Good Luck!

Old 01-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
(female)

thomps11 HB User

Hey,

I know every bride is different but my friend was 5 1/2 months pregnant at my wedding she was showing but she looked so cute.
That stuff doesnt bother me though and she told me upfront when i got engaged and asked her to be in it that she was trying and she said that did i mind if she was pregnant? I told her that friendship is more important than how someone looks (again my opinion) and she was ok with being in the wedding and did get pregnant. (order a dress a few sizes bigger so they can alter easier if you do get preg) .
again she was so cute and there are ways of taking pic's that wont show your belly .. I have some but it wasnt intentional.. I love my friends belly in the pic's!!
Good luck...
Id be honest with the bride as my friend was with me!
It works better in my opionion that way!

Old 01-12-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

Believe it or not by 3 months everyone knew I was pregnant! I was big. I was 5,2 and 107 lbs. I carried my weight higher. I found my shirts were the first to get too small, but pants I could wear quite a while sicne I carried all my weight higher.

Last edited by Fullfire; 01-12-2005 at 09:13 PM.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #6
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Honsetly you will never know until it happens to you. I am overweight alot and I show while others overweight as me never show I get huge fast all 4 times. you being small may show fast thenagain how fast do you gain weight? I would say at 6 months you will be showing alot. But its fine I wouldnt worry about it youll be a cute preggo bridsmaid !! good luck ttc.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:36 PM   #7
(female)

krisssusan HB User

5-6 months with my first and 3-4 months with my second but he was almost 3 lbs bigger

Old 01-13-2005, 07:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

My situation was ironically very similar to yours. I am normally 5'2 and 95 lbs. With my first I was showing to the rest of the world at 4-5 months, although I wore big sweaters to hide it from my co-workers until then.

This time around, I started showing at about 3 months and was 5 months pregnant when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in December. I wasn't huge, but I was definitely pregnant, no mistaking it. TTC is a very private thing, at least it was to me, but from about the day after I got married, my friend kept asking me if I was pregnant yet (it really put me off the way she was asking), so I just told her that there is always that possibility that I might be pregnant at her wedding and I offered to bow out gracefully before we ordered the dresses if she thought that might be an issue. I wasn't pregnant at the time, but we had decided to start trying right away (we weren't going to announce it to the world or anything). I wasn't pregnant when we ordered the dresses, so I had them order it in my size (you may want to go a size bigger just in case), but they were able to alter it to fit. They generally come in a little big anyway so you have to pay for alterations no matter what.

You can either mention it to your friend if you think she might have an issue with a pregnant bridesmaid (I thought my friend might), or if you're sure she'd be fine with it, just tell her when it happens. My concern with telling my friend (I really only told her so she would back off and stop asking me) was that if it didn't happen right away for us, it could be a very emotional thing for us to deal with as a couple. I couldn't handle it if I had the big letdown of getting my period when we were trying and then her "so, are ya pregnant yet?" on top of the emotional roller coaster. You know your friend, so you have to guage your choice to tell her now or not by how you think she might react, not to the fact that you're pregnant, I'm sure she'll be thrilled for you, but to the fact that you'll be pregnant in your bridesmaid dress at her wedding. Some brides are funny about that. Hope that helps.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:30 AM   #9
(female)

zusanna HB User

People really couldn't tell I was pregnant until I was 6 months. I could...but it wasn't actually obvious until then. I'm a small person too. You probably will be showing by then but it also just depends on the person. I've known people who never got very big and you couldn't really tell until toward the end of their pregnancy. So it all just depends...you may look very pregnant by then or just barely be showing.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I was TTC when my best friend and another close friend asked me to be in their weddings. I was upfront with them both and gave them the option of asking someone else if they chose too, I was sure to tell them I wouldn't be offended if they did choose to change thier mind. Turned out I did get pregnant, again when I told my friends about our news, I gave them the option to change their minds, neither one did. I was 7 months pregnant for my best friends wedding, and was very obviously pregnant. But everyone loved it. With the other friends wedding they ended up having to replace me at the last minute because I was hospitalized with preterm labor a week before their wedding. I felt horrible for making them rush to find a new wedding member, get a dress made and find shoes etc. But it was out of my hands...looking back now, I think I would have probably turned down the second one being that it was a month before my due date. But I guess noone expects to be having problems that early. I would be upfront with the bride and just mention that there is a possibility and she may decide to either change her mind due to the fact, or it may be wise to have a backup just in case something like my situation arises. Goodluck!

Old 01-13-2005, 11:21 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

If you got pregnant now, within this month, then by the wedding, you would be showing. I read that thinner women show earlier. I was 5'2, 132 prepregnancy and started showing at week 8. By week 20, there was no mistaking that I was pregnant. Even if you didn't conceive until two months before the wedding, you still might show. It depends on your body, as you know. You just wouldn't be huge, to the point where you looked pregnant. You would pass for having a beer belly though. Not to be negative, but it takes some couples years to conceive and you might want to keep it under reps for the next 2-3 months. I say 2-3 months because you might want to give this a trial period to see if you become pregnant easily. If not, and you get pg 4-5 months down the road then you can always just have your dress taylored. You wouldnt be big enough to need a whole new dress.

Old 01-13-2005, 02:32 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

Thanks for sharing all you infromation and experiences! I really don't think that my friend would mind if I was pregnant in her wedding. She is really laid back about everything regarding the wedding so far. And as for what Lynn said about keeping ttc quiet for the next 2-3 months because it may not be that easy to become pregnant - I do know that it may not be so easy as I have been trying for 4 months already. So I do realize that it has not happened yet and it may not happen in the next couple months either.

Anyhow, thanks again ladies!
~Laura~

Closed Thread