It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
(female)

dm76 HB User
Don't know what this mean?

Hey ladies, I am 33 weeks pregnant, I went to the hospital the other day because of contractions, lower back pain and pelvis pressure. The hooked me up in the monitors and the found that I was contracting every 3 minutes.Well, the thing is, that they did a vaginal check and my cervix is closed. The ran a couple of test and every thing came back normal. I have no infeccions, no signs of pre-term labor or anything. They gave me a shot to stop the contraction and after 8.5 hours the sent me home. What does this mean? Am I going to have this baby before due date? I am still feeling the contractions, but I don't want to go to the hospital any more. Is any one is going tru the same things? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: Don't know what this mean?

Hi -

I know this is scary, but only time will tell if your baby will come early.

Was your urine tested for an infection while you were in the hospital? If not, call your doctor's office and ask for a urinalysis. A UTI can cause early labor. In the meantime, be sure to drink lots and lots of water.

Pay attention to your contractions. Time them. If they are regular, go back to the hospital even if you'd rather not. Regular contractions are almost always labor. Don't sit at home and hope for the best, call your doctor and go to the hospital. If the contractions are irregular, they are probably just Braxton Hicks and are normal.

It will be safer for you and the baby to be at the hospital when the baby is born - soon or when due.

Be sure to call your doctor's office (ask to speak to a nurse) so they are sure to know you were contractiong regularly at the hospital recently.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2005, 07:38 AM   #3
Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User

I was having contractions at about 34 weeks, they said it was because I was dehidrated (sp) I was sick the whole nine months so most of what I drank came back up in the evening (TMI) they just said to make sure I drank plenty of liquids preferably water and that should help. I had her a week early but that was a schedualed C-Section. Some women have can have contractions for a couple of months and not go into labor. As long as you have no infections or your water does'nt break I think you will be fine.
8/11/04 via C-Section
10lbs 6 oz, 20 1/2 inches

Old 01-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
(female)

dm76 HB User

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I was tested for UTI at the hospital but everything came back normal. All day yesterday and so far today I had some strong contractions. They were coming back to back. I have also been drinking a lot of water, but so far nothing is helping. I have a C-section sceduled for the 25th of February because I had two previous C-sections. I think I am going to call the doctor tomorrow morning. I just really hate to be in the hospital for hours to get a shot and be sent home. Thanks.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:08 PM   #5
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I totally know how you fell though im only 20 weeks now I have been through the same thing. Mine have started up again (contractions) They worry me to death too but yet I dont want to go sit for hours and then get sent home. I did get a script for the meds to stop the contractions to bring home though. It dosnt mean you will deliver early but you dont ever know. I would call the doctor like you said in the morning and see what they say. Im going to do the same ....again...

Old 01-14-2005, 09:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I had the same thing at 32 weeks and was hospitalized for almost a week because the meds didn't stop the contractions...even on the maximum dose I was still having 9 contractions an hour. Eventually I got to go home because I wasn't changing down there, and I was getting cabin fever in the hospital. So they just put me on restricted activity at home. Kierra was born at 36 1/2 weeks weighing 6lbs 11 ounces, and healthy. She was bigger for her age than normal so we were lucky. Keep track of your contractions and if they are regular even after drinking and laying down to rest go in to the hospital. I was transferred by ambulance to a hospital with a NICU unit just in case they couldn't stop the contractions and I delevered that early, my hospital won't deliver babys unless they are at least 36 weeks gestation. So we just made the deadline for that. Goodluck.

Old 01-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

dm....did they check your oxytocin levels? Oxytocin is the hormone release by the baby? when it is about time to deliver. early levels of it can and do cause pre-term labor. I had that problem with my first (hes 7 now) and I have small amounts of it present this time around too. For me, I am pretty much on bedrest as I am contracting a lot. My due date is April 2, but I will likely have her either by the end of Jan or early in February. I would talk to your doc about that, just in case.

Closed Thread