It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Baby Dropped

I wanted to mention this in the March Moms, but i wanted everyones opinion. on saturday morning i felt this very odd sensation. i can't really describe it other than "odd" when i went to work, i noticed that i didn't even feel like i was pg anymore, more like i was trying to walk around all day with a football between my legs. i realize that this means that the baby has dropped, however, i read that the "lightening" shouldn't happen until the 36th week or so and i am only 30. does anyone know if it happens earlier with subsequent pregnancies or is this something that i should be telling the doctor? i am not really complaining because i can breathe once again and do not have heartburn anymore, but the pressure "down there" is unreal. i feel like something is going to fall out at any moment, and the pain from that pressure is pretty intense as well.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 06:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: Baby Dropped

I wuld definitely tell the doctor ASAP. If this is your first pregnancy, it usually happens about 2 weeks beforehand, but my understanding with subsequent pregnancies it may not happen until you're in labor. If you have pressure, you should definitely get it checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2005, 06:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

I would get checked out just incase. My first PG, my baby dropped at 32 weeks. I was dilated to 1 cm at 34-35 weeks (considered PTL. I was put on "no sex" orders for two weeks) but he hung out in there for another 2 1/2 weeks. He was born full term at 37 1/2 weeks and he was just fine with his respirations and everything.

But I remember the feeling you are describing and it felt a little nerve wracking. I was also having cervix "stabbing" pains that were probably just the baby's position in my case, but can also indicate dilation.

Keep us updated!
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 01-13-2005, 07:34 AM   #4
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

I would definitely tell the doctor today. My little girl dropped and just two weeks later I gave birth a month early. It could be a sign. Better safe than sorry. good luck.

Old 01-13-2005, 04:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

well the doctor said that she doesn't think that the baby actually dropped~without actually seeing me. this makes me nervous. i say nervous because i KNOW that it did. my belly was literally pushing my breasts up (i am only 5'2, no room in there) and now my belly doesn't even come close. i have to pee at least 4x per hour and although it isn't constant, i have pain and pressure down there. they said that perhaps the baby changed positions? they also said that unless i have spotting, leaking fluid or contractions that i should be ok regardless. i almost feel like i should insist on getting checked out seeings how my job is very physically demanding and i am on my feet 7+ hours durring my lessons (am a horse trainer, no i don't ride right now) any thoughts?
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Nyxin...hun, im no doctor (and I have never felt a baby drop because my son was 12 wks early)......But if you cant get in to see your doctor NOW.......I would seriously go to the L&D area of your hospital. They can assess this and as they say...better safe than sorry. You may want to have them check for the presense of Oxitocin (the hormone that is released when the baby is saying "I WANT OUT". If it is present, it means baby is likely coming in the next few weeks. I dont wanna see you go through that, so please take yourself to the doctor immediately or to the L&D....

Let us know!

Old 01-14-2005, 02:29 PM   #7
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

Nyxin: Go with your instincts. I beg you. I've learned the hard way. See another doctor if there is another one in the office or go into the Hospital if all else fails. You are probably right and there is a possibility you will deliver early. Please don't hesitate to do this. Doctors are wrong sometimes, believe me. Keep us posted.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:15 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

i just got back from the docs and everyting is fine. the baby is actually breech, so i am feeling his butt down there. me doctor is not concerned about this at this point, says there is still plently of time to turn. if not i guess i will have a c-section. so that is good news all in all. thanks for all your comments and concerns. i still think it is strange as i am carrying so differently now.

oh well, off to feed #1 baby.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Nyxin,
I am glad things are okay. There is plenty of time left for your baby to turn, most definetly. i am only edging 29 wks and my little one has been every way possible so far. At times....even with her big ol head on my right side and her feet on the left side....DANG THAT HURTS. Sometimes she does it in the middle of the night, and when it hurts really bad, I lay on my back and try to find her butt and other things and move here myself. I was a bit afraid of doing it and hurting her, but my doc showed me how to do it without hurting the baby. I hope your's turns around.....

Closed Thread