It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2005, 06:40 AM   #1
(female)

jo905 HB User
braxton hicks at 15 weeks?

This may sound like a silly question but does anyone know if I should be having braxton hicks at 15 weeks there not painful and this will be my 3rd baby, its just I never had bh with the other 2 so Im not even sure if this what im feeling. Its like very very mild cramps low down in my belly that last about 30 seconds then go then come back, this was earlier and they have stopped now just wondered if anyone had any advice or similar experiences

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2005, 06:47 AM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: braxton hicks at 15 weeks?

Hello congrats on your being pg. Well it can be normal I didnt have it before with my others I have 3 and on #4 right now. I am 23 weeks and have had them starting 14 weeks. as have many others on here if you look a few pages back. They say the key is to drink tons of water and I hate to say it but its true. If you have alot I would mention it to your doctor just in case. But try this drink the 64 oz of water for jsut a few days and try and see if it take them away then go from there. I did the test and I havent had many at all now. I hate to drink that much of anything but it really does work. They told me in L&D I was dehydrated and to drink that much and I did and it worked. Good luck,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2005, 07:22 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Jo, Are you sure dont have a touch of a stomach bug or maybe even you are feeling some discomfort from your uterus expanding? Braxton hicks can be uncomfortable but usually arent painful or really crampy feeling. I know that with all my pregnancies around your gestation i would intermittantly have the feeling that you have described and the dr told me that it was my uterus expanding as well as straightening "up" so to say. (i have a tipped uterus) So for the first trimester or so of my pregnancies i was quite incomfortable alot. CONGRATULATIONS of your pregnancy!!!!!!! If the crampy feeling continues and is really bothersome give your dr a call, that is what they are there for!!!!! Good luck!!!!

ValleyGurl

Old 01-28-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

It is very normal. I started having braxton hicks with my 3rd pregnancy when I was 2 months. Congrats!

Chris

Old 01-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #5
(female)

Mary0114 HB User

Please get to the doctor ASAP. You should not be having Braxton Hicks this early. I had mild cramping around 18 weeks, just like very mild menstrual cramps. Turned out it was the beginning of preterm labor, possibly brought on by incompetent cervix. Since you have 2 kids already, it isn't your cervix, but could be a sign of preterm labor. Please don't talk yourself out of going to the doctor; I did, and lost my son at 24 weeks. Please go and get checked out. Good luck.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I agree with Mary that you should talk to your doctor about this. It may be normal and okay for some women, except each pregnancy is different. I am 6 months and freak out every time I think I might be having a contraction because I know what they can lead to!

Closed Thread