It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

canadiangirl25 HB User
Good Question.......

I take the pill for 84 days straight and then miss a week to get my period.So i only get my period 4 times a year. my question is, if i were to become pregnant, is there a way to tell? I mean is it obvious? because i have heard of people still getting their period the whole time while they were pregnant, and not even knowing. I am a little bit overweight so i think it would take longer for me to show, and i have the worst bladder in the entire world and i have to pee all the time anyway. people are always making jokes that if i ever am pregnant, I will have to live in the bathroom, or bring a porta potty with me at all times..
I really cannot imagine anything worse than going into labour and not even knowing you are pregnant!!!!!!!That is a fear of mine. because when i have kids, i want to enjoy my pregnancy , and you know, have baby showers and pick out baby names and go shopping for baby things.....
Anyway i was just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone. Thanks

Old 01-29-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
(female)

missie79 HB User
Smile Re: Good Question.......

Hi CanadianGirl,

You may have noticed that I have posted a few questions about pregnancy myself - but after I tell you this little story, you will find it pretty hard to believe.

I had my daughter on January 5, 2003. I went in to labour on the 3rd, my waters broke at 5am on January 5, I was in severe pain for those 2 days.

In 2002 I had a very stressful year. I had broken up with my daughters father, was trying desperately to get a job, and my grandfather died. All of this happening within the first half of the year.

I had my period the whole way through my pregnancy - as normal as what they had ever been, had no cravings for different foods, no weight gain, did not feel my baby kick or anything.

She is my first child, and my partner, who I am marrying next weekend and I are trying to conceive again.

Anyway, I did not know that I was pregnant until I was in labour and the ambulance officers came to my friends house, where I was stuck on the toilet, because I had cramped up, and the officers then informed me that I was in labour having a baby. I told them that they had rocks in their head, as there was no way that I was pregnant, as i could not remember the last time that I had had sex!!!!

They took me to hospital in the ambulance, got me into delivery, hooked me up to the ultrasound monitor, and I heard her heart beat for the first time. 1 1/2 hours later she was born. She had absolutely nothing wrong with her, and weighed in at a healthy 6lb 13oz.

She is a thriving little girl who is my perfect little angel . I could not have asked for a better child.

I have always been an overweight person, so to myself, my friends and family - none of whom new I was pregnant, but lived with me right through, it was a big shock and the best surprise that I could have given anyone.

I know that a lot of people will read this and think "how could she not know", but I am living proof and here to tell you that these things can happen, and they do happen.

Never underestimate your own body.

Good luck and I hope this helps!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 08:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: Good Question.......

You do hear about that some times. And not that the above poster had this problem, I'm not saying that at all! But a lot of times that is found in younger girls who don't want to admit they are pregnant, they are usually overweight and pretty much block out the symptoms. A girl who I worked with did pretty much that. She was very large, so we couldn't tell, and one day she didn't come in when she was supposed to, which was very odd for her, so we called her house and she was in the hospital having the baby! And even then she swore she hadn't been pregnant!
I would think it is definetly possible. I know my MIL was almost 5 months before she knew she was pregnant. She knew something was wrong with her, but not that she was pregnant, and she wasn't overweight then, she is now though.
Anyway good luck to you!

Old 01-30-2005, 11:23 AM   #4
(female)

canadiangirl25 HB User
Re: Good Question.......

Missie79
I am glad to hear that your baby is fine. That is really an amazing story! Im glad you are happy with the result. You must have been completely shocked. I read somewhere that the pill regulates your period, actually thats why I started taking it in the first place, but I read that some people will get their period when they are pregnant, b/c the pill regulates it that much???I can't rememer where I read it though.
Cattieos,
I have heard of many cases where that happens to younger girls. I wonder if people taking the pill continuosly or the depo shot should take regular pregnacy tests......

Closed Thread