It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
(female)

myangelalaina HB User
is it normal for my stomach to me flat at 11 weeks

Im 11wks 2days and my stomach is basically flat, except for a tiny bump on my lower abdomen. The only time my stomach pooches out is after I eat or drink a lot of fluids. When I wake up in the morning it looks flat again. Is my baby not growning?

Old 03-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
(female)

Delfie HB User
Re: is it normal for my stomach to me flat at 11 weeks

Believe me, there are many factors that influence how much you show and how early.

I didn't really start showing until about 7 months and even then it was very little. Now that I am entering my 9th month, I have had some people at work come up to me and say, "gee, you're pregnant, I didn't even know"... and when I tell them I am due in April, they are shocked. I am very tall and had a bit of a belly to begin with, so that impacts it alot. And my baby is not measuring small at all, it was estimated to 6lbs at my last ultrasound 2 weeks ago Plus how the baby is positioned makes a difference.

It's still very early for you. I wouldn't worry about it, there's still lots of time for that belly to grow

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I wouldnt worry too much, I am at 6 months and jsut barely showing, and i am short! I didn't even start to show at all until recently, in fact at 11 weeks i had lost weight, from just feelig yucky all the time!

Old 03-05-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

I had that same low abdominal bump at 11 weeks and could button my jeans, but couldn't zip them. A friend told be sometime between 12 and 16 weeks you just wake up one morning and you're showing enough that no clothes fit. She told me to have at least one maternity outfit in the closet waiting for that day! She was right - one morning at ablut 14 weeks, nothing fit.

As has been said, all sorts of things determine when you'll show: your height, weight, baby's size and baby's position.

Enjoy your pregnancy! Barbara

Old 03-06-2005, 02:28 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi

I agree with all the other posters. I certainly wasn't showing at all at 11 weeks (oh except for my bust which ballooned very early on!!) My belly didnt start to show until about 18 weeks and then it suddenly happened practically over night. One week I could get into all my clothes and the next week none of them. I'm 20 weeks now and whereas my stomach used to go in from my ribs and hips and now it goes out a bit. I have to wear larger size clothes but still no one except me and my husband would really tell that my belly had grown at all.

At 11 weeks your baby is about 2.5cm long and weighs around 3g so it's really not going to be making your belly bulge yet. Any bulge will be due to your uterus growing, increase in blood / fluid volume and maybe some water retention. In the first few months the baby remains very small and is developing all the major structures of it's body. After the first 3 - 4 months, when it's basically formed THEN it starts to put on size and weight and so will you!

Spanish

Old 03-06-2005, 08:36 AM   #6
Inactive

off kilter HB User

My sister and I are the same basic height and weight 5ft-116lbs. yet you can't tell when she is pregnant till 16 or so weeks yet I pop right out. I'm way more active then she is and do alot of sports a real tom boy so our stomach mucles aren't the reason. I asked our OB-GYN (we use the same one) why she shows at 16 weeks and I show by 10-12 weeks. The OB-GYN said her baby basket was bigger and deeper. I guess it has to do with the internal bone structure of the pelvic bones and hips. We both had easy times giving birth vaginally. ( I had one C-section due to a problem the baby was having). I guess it would also depend on where your uterus is and if it tilts alittle back or forward.

Old 03-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #7

FaithfulyWaiting HB User

I think it's totally normal. I'm just about 24 wks, and I've just got a small "bump" people can hardly tell I'm preg yet.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:41 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

With my 1st pregnancy I didn't show at all until I was 4 months & I am 5'8. Don't worry about it your baby is probably fine.

Chris

Old 03-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

At this stage, it is very normal for you to not be showing at 11 weeks. Some women may show that early, others do not. Nothing to be alarmed about.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:00 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User

I am now over 8 1/2 months pregnant and just now people are finally starting to notice I am pregnant. Took slightly past the 7 month mark for me to show somewhat through my clothing. I didn't develope any hint of being pregnant though till around 6 1/2 months and I only had the tiniest hint of a pouch so do not worry as everyone is different. Some show what seems to be immediately and other (me) have maybe 2-3 months of showing. Just means you can wear your regualr clothes longer and not have to invest in maternity wear too much. Saves a lot of $$!!!!!!

Closed Thread