It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

ryantiques HB User
Unhappy C-section to be scheduled really worried about health and size

Hi ladies and (gents),

I haven't posted in a while and have been busy driving four hours weekly to get ultrasounds etc at the big hospital not near home.

As a brief I've had several abdominal surgeries including two c-sections the last surgery was in 2000. This pregnancy is a true miracle and surprise.

Since the positive test at my dr's there have been nothing but worries and complications. All the hurdles we get through, seemingly but as the delivery approaches my fears are getting the better of me.

I have an umbilical Vein Varix (dialation) which I take baby aspirin for but is causeing the doctors to take baby Hannah at 37 weeks. I realize this is term but it concerns me because she is so small. The reason for all the U/S is to watch her growth.

I went on March third my most recent and was 29 weeks and 1 day. They told me Hannah weighed 2 lbs 3 oz which I thought was pretty good considering earlier she was only in the 13th percentile and moved up to the 17th. Also the radiologist came in (they are all so nice) and checked blood flow and said it all looked good. The varix hasn't changed, and flow through the cord and uterine veins looked good.

I've been trying to figure how I can fatten up my little one. Of course I try to calculate what she will be in another 7 1/2 weeks weight wise. I keep reading on line that the last month the baby can gain about 2 lbs. This is a month we won't have.

In addition I'm terrified of another c-section, my physical problems with my abdomen are far too many to get into detail, but they really have a hard time visualizing with the U/S or hearing a heart beat with the doppler because of the scars, mesh and adhesions in there.

Anyway, my original due dat was May 18th (which doesn't correlate with my LMP or last sexual intercourse with hubby) to me the date should be a week earlier which scares me too.

My other two babies were healthy and if anything large babies, our daughter was delivered at 37 weeks for PROM and other things and was 7lbs 11oz our son full term was 10lbs 1 oz so this is really a different direction for us.

Of all the scares we've been through there are 7 or weeks until I'm in the hospital to check Hannah's lungs and it just seems too soon. Anyone know how I would estimate what she will weigh in eight weeks from her last appt which was the 2lb 3oz weight? Anyone know what I can do to get better nutrition or weight directly to the baby? And lastly, why can't I wait until full term if the baby is growing and the varix hasn't changed (assuming it won't have)?

Thanks for being here I just needed to get this all out.
Take Care and God Bless, Hope all are having an uneventful pregnancy!!!
Jessica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Re: C-section to be scheduled really worried about health and size

First of all, I am sorry to hear of all the problems you have been having. But, I think that the dr's are probably doing the best thing for you and the baby. From around 35ish weeks, I think, the babies really start to put on weight. They can gain around a pound a week. And with her being born at 37 weeks, she should be just fine. With my first, she was born around 2 and half weeks early, and she was perfectly fine...weighed 6lbs 7.9ozs. I know that you can't help but worry, but everything looks to be in your favor. If it really concerns you and you can't understand why they don't wait, then ask. I'm sure if they explain their reasoning for doing so, it will make you feel a lot better. And just keep thinking about how wonderful it's going to be to see your little girl soon!!!

Old 03-07-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Don't worry too much about the diff in due dates, ultrasounds can be up to 4 days off in early pregnancy and as much as 2 weeks later on, and especially since you said they were having trouble seeing. And that measuring they do on your stomach is apparently diff for every woman too!
I don't have much advice on how to make the baby gain alot of weight, i think they gain about a half a pound a week towards the end. But ALOT of babies are born at 3lbs and turn out perfectly fine. Espeically with all the stuff they can do now! I was only 5lbs 27 years ago, and am fine. So try not to worry too much, i know that is easier said than done! I will keep you in my prayers!

Old 03-08-2005, 03:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

my son was born at 36 weeks and was 5lbs 2 oz... my friend had hers at 36 weeks at she was 7lbs 3 oz... dont worry that baby will fatten up soon... and plus, this is when they do the big weight gaining

Old 03-08-2005, 04:00 AM   #5
(female)

ryantiques HB User

Thank you guys so much for the encouragement. You would think being number three all this stuff would be old hat.... It's so true that every pregnancy is different, I just didn't realize how much!

Take Care
Jessica

Closed Thread