Hi ladies and (gents),
I haven't posted in a while and have been busy driving four hours weekly to get ultrasounds etc at the big hospital not near home.
As a brief I've had several abdominal surgeries including two c-sections the last surgery was in 2000. This pregnancy is a true miracle and surprise.
Since the positive test at my dr's there have been nothing but worries and complications. All the hurdles we get through, seemingly but as the delivery approaches my fears are getting the better of me.
I have an umbilical Vein Varix (dialation) which I take baby aspirin for but is causeing the doctors to take baby Hannah at 37 weeks. I realize this is term but it concerns me because she is so small. The reason for all the U/S is to watch her growth.
I went on March third my most recent and was 29 weeks and 1 day. They told me Hannah weighed 2 lbs 3 oz which I thought was pretty good considering earlier she was only in the 13th percentile and moved up to the 17th. Also the radiologist came in (they are all so nice) and checked blood flow and said it all looked good. The varix hasn't changed, and flow through the cord and uterine veins looked good.
I've been trying to figure how I can fatten up my little one. Of course I try to calculate what she will be in another 7 1/2 weeks weight wise. I keep reading on line that the last month the baby can gain about 2 lbs. This is a month we won't have.
In addition I'm terrified of another c-section, my physical problems with my abdomen are far too many to get into detail, but they really have a hard time visualizing with the U/S or hearing a heart beat with the doppler because of the scars, mesh and adhesions in there.
Anyway, my original due dat was May 18th (which doesn't correlate with my LMP or last sexual intercourse with hubby) to me the date should be a week earlier which scares me too.
My other two babies were healthy and if anything large babies, our daughter was delivered at 37 weeks for PROM and other things and was 7lbs 11oz our son full term was 10lbs 1 oz so this is really a different direction for us.
Of all the scares we've been through there are 7 or weeks until I'm in the hospital to check Hannah's lungs and it just seems too soon. Anyone know how I would estimate what she will weigh in eight weeks from her last appt which was the 2lb 3oz weight? Anyone know what I can do to get better nutrition or weight directly to the baby? And lastly, why can't I wait until full term if the baby is growing and the varix hasn't changed (assuming it won't have)?
Thanks for being here I just needed to get this all out.
Take Care and God Bless, Hope all are having an uneventful pregnancy!!!