It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User
Wink Sex of the baby

Ok how many of us out there are going to find out the sex of the baby, how many arent? I go back and forth on it but I think I want to find out what the sex is before hand so I can have everything all set up in the nursery. Then I think about how nice the surprise will be, AHHHH decisions, decisions!! lol.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:28 AM   #2
(female)

tarrece HB User
Re: Sex of the baby

IM GONNA FIND OUT! I got a long wait not due til october, BUT I CANT WAIT~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 04:05 AM   #3
(female)

saradaemon HB User

well if I can I will find out for sure!!!! I already have a boy so it would be nice to hear it's a girl!!!!!

Lori

Old 03-07-2005, 05:59 AM   #4
Inactive

yamamama HB User

My Husband and I found out with both. We had a girl the first time and now expecting a boy. It's like Christmas,I have never been good with surprises. But,I guess the surprise will be on us if the Doctor was wrong

Old 03-07-2005, 06:14 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

cdenk HB User

My DH and I don't want to know. We feel it's the payoff after 9 months of relative discomfort! I can't wait to hear congratulations it's a ????????????

Old 03-07-2005, 06:33 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

We are going to find out for sure. We are both planners we want to have everything in place for either a little girl or a little boy. For me it's a big enough surprise that I'm having a little baby and I won't know what it will look like and that to me is enough. I hope that makes sense!

Old 03-07-2005, 06:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

We found out with my first DD. We were going to be surprised, but there were some complications and we needed to know the sex to help us cope. Everything turned out fine and she was healthy. We didn't tell anyone, so we had a unisex shower and all unisex newborn clothes. The only issue was that for the first several months, everyone kept saying "what a cute baby, is it a boy or a girl?" That got old quick. The benefit, though, was that if we had another baby together, we had everything we needed, regardless of the sex.

This time, we found out and told everyone. Since I am remarried, my kids are going to be 10 years apart, and this is DH's first, we had another shower. We are having a girl, so we got all girly stuff. There will be no question this one's a girl. We are just as excited to see what she looks like and hold her in our arms.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:45 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
Wink Re: Sex of the baby

I'm definately going to find out! There's no way I can wait! Way too excited! Also, I can get things sorted in the nursery and start buying cute little outfits.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:55 AM   #9
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

The way I figure, I've got enough surprises going on with my body - any certainty at this point is gladly welcomed! I absolutely wanted to find out...and wouldn't you know, what was the first thing that popped up on the u/s...it's a BOY!

Old 03-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

stacydl HB User

I am struggling with this!!! I have my 20 week u/s tomorrow! What will we dooooo???? We really want to wait. We want to be surprised for the delivery. But, it's soooo hard knowing that the tech will know and we won't! But one good thing, like someone already said, if you get all neutral stuff for the first baby, you will get to use it again for the children to follow. But then again, wouldn't it be nice to be able to plan everything ahead of time! I don't know! I guess we'll play it by ear and see how strong we are tomorrow during the u/s.
Stacy

Old 03-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #11
(female)

Sarahj HB User

My boyfriend and most our families want to know. I don't really, but I figured it would be easier for the ones buying stuff for the showers. We have our 20 weeks u/s sometime around the end of the month so I guess we will see if the baby cooperates or not. I have bought some unisex clothes so I am content either way I guess.

Sarah

Old 03-07-2005, 10:44 AM   #12
Inactive

yamamama HB User

You could always ask the tech to write on a piece of paper what you are having(if they can tell) and asked him/her not to mention the sex to you. This way,you can look at the paper if you decide or just put it away until you are ready. Just a thought...let us know how you u/s goes

Old 03-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #13
(female)

kwojtul HB User

We aren't going to find out. My husband really wants to be surprised and have his "moment" when he can go into the waiting room and tell our families "It's a boy, or It's a girl!". I can't take that away from him. Sometimes I think I'd like to know, but then again I really don't care one way or another - I think the real reward of childbirth will be to find out if it's a boy or girl.

Old 03-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,

Well im going to find out next week, as l have already started to shop!, therefore, will need to know ifmy instincts were right or not!

But im going to keep it between my husband and myself! and surprise everyone else!

Good luck

Old 03-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

We are going to find out because in addition to being extremely excited and anxious to find out, I feel as though it'll help everyone bond with the baby before the baby is born. That way we can refer to baby by name and or sex rather than "the baby". I don't really mind unisex shopping as we've been doing that already and it seems we have a cute baby duck theme happening. I just want to feel as close to my little roomate as possible and I feel like knowing the sex is one more thing I can do to accomplish that.

Closed Thread