It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

emilyallison HB User
8 pounds in 8 weeks?

Hey All,
I have gained 8 pounds in 8 weeks of pregnancy. Is that normal? I cant fit into any of my jeans anymore. I was always normal sized before and I have been having awful sickness where I get sick at least once a day and not eating all that much. I dont understand how my tummy could have gotten so big so soon! You can defintly tell Im pregnant. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be concerned?
Thanks for any and all help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #2
(female)

Sarahj HB User
Re: 8 pounds in 8 weeks?

It is more likely the weight you have gained is a combination of water weight and due to constipation. Drinking lots of water can help with both of those.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

Don't feel bad. I gained 9 pounds in TWO WEEKS! It was mostly water weight the doc said. I tend to lean towards the fact that it was more than likely "Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs" and "Cheetos." LOL
Just remember, we will GET THE WEIGHT OFF AFTERWARDS!

Old 03-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

At my 8 week weigh in I had gained 10lbs. Of course we were guessing because I hadn't weighed myself prior to getting pregnant. I had been unable to eat "healthy food" because it would make me sick. Because of that I had to eat what I could keep down. Unfortunately that was lots of toast and sherbert ice cream. Sour candies also helped to keep the gagging at bay when out and about. So it didn't help that what I was able to eat was high in calories. Hopefully once it starts to go away I'll be able to resume a healthier eating schedule. At 12 weeks I'm still very gaggy <~~me gagging

Edited to add: I only fit into one pair of pants that were around prior to getting pregnant, but that is because they were too big on me to begin with. Black stretchy pants and a pair of maternity jeans have become my staple bottoms.

Last edited by MissChicopea; 03-07-2005 at 12:50 PM.

Old 03-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I gained weight fast too...about 10 pounds in 2 weeks...that was around weeks 7 to 9 or so. I'm now in my 13th week and am afraid to weigh myself. Don't think I've put on 10 additional since then...but I'll bet there's at least 5 more.

My stomach also blows up like an Ethiopian kid after I eat...no matter what I eat. I swear, if I get stretch marks, it's gonna be from bloating...not the baby.

Been in the early maternity jeans for several weeks now.

Like what MissChicopea said above...the things that I've been able to eat during the nausea are high-calorie & not so good for me. The "saltines for nausea" only make my nausea worse.

Did somebody say Cheetos???????
Gayle

Closed Thread