It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #1

busybee HB User
What is a Level II Ultrasound??

I am confused over the term level 2 ultrasound. I read and thought I understood that it was just a more thorough look at the anatomy of the baby- but sometimes when people reference level 2 ultrasounds they make it seem like a different device/procedure altogether. Any input?

Last edited by busybee; 03-07-2005 at 04:39 PM.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: What is a Level II Ultrasound??

It's the same procedure, the machine is just better, and it takes longer. We just had one, and with it, you could see the blood flowing back and forth, they do something to make it show up colors on the screen. And the picture was alot clearer than what you get in the dr. office, also, the tech measured for probably 20 or 30 minutes, she measure EVERYTHING! then the dr. looked at the pics and came back and measured some more! It doesnt' hurt or anything, it's a little annoying to lay there so long, but it's really cool, especially seeing the blood in color and all, and we could see the face a lot clearer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 06:17 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User

I had a Level II Ultrasound - just about 2.5 weeks ago. Cattieos is right, they measure a lot. Because of that I found I was about 1 week and 1 day ahead of schedule. The blood flow- they checked that going through her umbilical cord and in her heart...(Yes we found out we are having a girl!) - it is quite detailed.....I mean you can see everything..all it really is - is like a high tech Ultrasound. Non-invasive - doesn't hurt. Just very cool!!! If you are having one - I hope you enjoy!

Old 03-08-2005, 08:34 AM   #4
(female)

Di12779 HB User

I thought that type of u/s was the norm. What are the other types like? I had my first one at 20 weeks and it was exactly what is being described as a level 2. My second one was the same though this was only to look at the chambers of the heart so it didn't take as long as the first one. I get all my u.s done at the hospital as it is right next to the Dr I see, they do not have a u/s machine in their office. do some doctors???

Old 03-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

My doctor has an ultrasound machine in his office but it is no where near the size of the ones the hospital has. I have had 2 at my doctors office so far & 1 at the hospital (which I go back next week for another u/s at the hospital, I will be 19 weeks then & hopefully the baby will uncross his or her legs so we can see what the baby is). They also have to keep a check on my babys heart so I go every 3 weeks. The ONLY thing I didn't like for the hospital u/s is you have to lay there for so long with a full bladder & I can't hold it that well..lol. But the experience is great. We could already see what our little one looks like (just like our youngest).
Good Luck!
Chris

Closed Thread