It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User
Unhappy Bleeding ROIDS!!!

Does anyone have advice on what to do about bleeding hemorrhoids? My stools are soft--NOT diarrhea, I just have to go A TON! I noticed blood on my toilet paper after using the bathroom last night. (and it wasn't from my vaginal area)
I have been using Preparation H, and it obviously isn't working. I would like to try some of your suggestions before I have my doc "look there." HA
Any ideas??
~Alexis

Old 03-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Re: Bleeding ROIDS!!!

Are you in pain? I bleed from there too but haven't mentioned anything to my dr. or taken any type of medication because other then some light spotting, I don't have any other problems. Most women with full-blown 'roids are in a good amount of pain and can't even sit. I don't think it's a concern unless you're in that amount of pain. If you are, then yeah you should just get it checked out because you might need surgery to remove them. Otherwise, if you're like me and will avoid someone poking me down there, then I wouldn't worry about it. Women don't usually speak on these types of things but it's actually pretty common in pg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 07:28 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

This is the first time out of my 3 pregnancies that I have developed hemorrhoids! UGH!!! I don't really have too much pain when I am sitting or whatever; just discomfort. Like in the Preparation H commercials. "Oh, I should've used Preparation H!!" That's me!!!
If this continues, then I will have my doc look at me when I have my next two week appointment.....
Thanks for replying!

Old 03-08-2005, 07:49 AM   #4
Inactive

yamamama HB User

Even though hemorrhoids are very common in pregnancy,there are other causes to retal bleeding. Be sure to mention this to your doctor (even if your symptoms stop). You may even want to call rather then wait two weeks for your appointment.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I think that is part of my problem "down there" too. I have swelling and burning from front to back and itching in the front. I am going to the doctor in a hour to get it all checked out. I'll ask her for you. Is there a lot of blood, or just spotting on the toilet paper? Mine is only light spotting on the toilet paper, but gosh is it sore to wipe. I dread going to the bathroom at all now.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:00 PM   #6
(female)

Kirii HB User

It could also be a fissure <spelling> which I believe is a cut or scratch that just won't heal. I know what it's like to have a doctor putting fingers in places where there should never be fingers. I've had to goto hospitals because i've bled so much where the toilet water is mixed with my blood. It can be a dangerous thing that could cause Anemia and you don't want that during pregnancy. It can lead to many nasty problems after delivery. Be on the safe side and check it out. Just remember the doctors have probably seen everything and are probably desensitized to it unlike us patients. I still would rather bleed a little than have a doctor poke around in that area. Though after bleeding on and off for 9 years it does get bothersome.

Just get it checked out I'd hate to see you medicating a area and having no good effect on the problem it can be frusterating to say the least.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I was hoping to be able to respond with a better answer from my doctor, but although I do have them, she told me not to treat them. In my case, though, it's because I also have a yeast infection AND bacterial vaginosis going on right now - lucky me! I've got problems all the way from front to back, but I guess the hemmorhoids take a back seat to the rest, no pun intended.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

Well, it is just blood spotting on the toilet paper. I too had a bacterial vaginosis infection recently. and Jm--even if there WAS a pun intended on your comment, it sure was FUNNY!!!

Closed Thread