It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

bronstar HB User
pregnancy and natural party pills...info please!

Hi there. I am 'just' pregnant and as a once off had a natural party pill called 'good stuff' last weekend. Does anyone know if there would be any negative effects to the unborn...? Thanks heaps.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: pregnancy and natural party pills...info please!

What is that? What does it have in it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #3
(female)

bronstar HB User

Natural Party pills are readily available over the counter in New Zealand at various shops. I think they are similar to standard diet pills as they keep you awake and make you feel as if you have drunk a hundred cups of coffee. They look like a normal capsule and come by many different names such as 'charge', 'good stuff' etc... They contain caffeine, guarana, and stimulants...I guess in really a strong dosage. I do not know a lot about them hence the reason for my initial question, and the effects, if any, on an unborn child.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:22 AM   #4
(female)

tarrece HB User

[removed]

Please read her post again and stay on topic. Do not be judgemental. If you cannot be supportive - MOVE ON!

Moderator BAC

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 03-08-2005 at 06:18 AM.

Old 03-08-2005, 06:40 AM   #5
(female)

Kirii HB User

I've had something similar to those before, I think they are called Yellow Jackets here. Not sure of the effects on unborns, but my ex blamed those types of things on his diabetes <I guess his constantly eating junk food and pop had NOTHING to do with it.> But your best bet would be to come clean with a doctor since it's not an illegal drug. You'd better a better idea of what's in it and what effect it has on a baby. HTH

Old 03-08-2005, 06:48 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

if you are JUST pg then it shouldn't hurt anything, as implantation is probably taking place and nothing is even formed yet. However I would not do it anymore. good luck

Old 03-08-2005, 06:54 AM   #7
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

I agree with hugs - don't worry about what you've done, but now that you know you're pregnant, no more party pills - or partying in general (at least no alcohol/drugs/etc.).

Old 03-08-2005, 10:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

I don't know anything about this either, but I agree with the last two posters. If I worried about drinking / smoking /caffiene before I found out I was pregnant, I would be a nervous wreck. Any book I've ever read says basically not to worry about what you did before you found out. OK - now you know, so you can change your lifestyle. Please try not to worry. There's nothing you can do about it now anyway. Enjoy your pregnancy - congrats!

Old 03-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #9
(female)

tomuchbagange HB User

I know how your feeling, the worrying. I drank for the first month of my pregnacy because I didn't know. Obviously as soon as I thought I might be I stopped and haven't drank anything but milk and water since. It still worries me how that might affect my little girl but the doctor told me there is nothing you can do now, just take care of yourself now.

Good luck!

Old 03-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #10
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomuchbagange
I know how your feeling, the worrying. I drank for the first month of my pregnacy because I didn't know. Obviously as soon as I thought I might be I stopped and haven't drank anything but milk and water since. It still worries me how that might affect my little girl but the doctor told me there is nothing you can do now, just take care of yourself now.

Good luck!
Omg, I was a total partier before I found out. It worried me too, but I'm taking extra care now.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:26 PM   #11
(female)

bronstar HB User

Thank you everyone for your supportive messages....I will definately talk to the doctor about it. I am sure it will be fine tho', as I lead a very healthy lifestyle and this was just a once off. This is the first time I have used health boards and are really impressed (just came across it doing a web search). Many thanks again.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:16 PM   #12
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

No dont take them ay kind of those pills are very dangerous to the baby.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

They sound like the equivalent of No Doze in the U.S., which are basically caffeine pills to keep you awake. How far along are you? In general, if you have a normal 28-day cycle, you would ovulate 14 days after the start of your last period. The egg would be fertilized within 24 hours of ovulation. It would implant in your uterus 10-14 days later, which is right around the time your next period would be due. After implantation, your body starts producing the HCG hormone that the pregnancy tests detect. When you say you are "just" pregnant, I assume you found out sometime around when your period was due and the incident happened sometime before that. Correct? During this time, at least until implantation, the fertilized egg is self-contained and not drawing anything from the mother. So, you should definitely mention it to your doctor, but most likely, there will be no effects of things you've done during this timeframe. After implantation and the fetus starts drawing from the mother, the things you do can affect the baby.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #14
(female)

bronstar HB User

Thank you to the last reply...as the one before you was a tad discouraging! Pill taken before implantation. Will talk to my doctor about it but I am feeling OK about it as have talked with numerous friends. Yes, you are right about them being very similar to No Doze. Thanks again. :

Old 03-09-2005, 06:49 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

Congrats on your pregnancy. Like other posters said, as long as you aren't using them now, you will be fine! With my first pregnancy I drank a bit (before I knew I was preg); some nights NOT SO GOOD! BUT once I found out I was preg, I obviously didn't drink anymore. With that pregnancy, a GORGEOUS daughter came out of it. And she is 10 now. You will be fine.

Closed Thread