It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
(female)

gr8nowhat HB User
Question Is my body simulating pregnancy?

Hi, it's almost 1:30 am and I can't sleep because tomorrow morning I'm going to take pregnancy test #4. I took three today. The first one was Equate (Wal-mart brand) and it immediately came out positive. I used first morning's urine, so I was fairly confident that I did the test correctly, but I read that there have been a lot of people coming up with false positives using Equate. So around lunchtime I bought a box of two Fact Plus tests (clear line if you're not pregnant ~ plus sign if you are) and the first one was really difficult to read. I got one very clear line intersected by one very faint line. The rest of the circle was a bluish tint as well, so I wasn't too sure what to make of the faint line. The faint line faded away after a few hours. Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore and I took the third test a little while later and that came up negative.

I have never been pregnant before, but I am 2 weeks late, and normally that alone wouldn't alarm me, but I have been so incredibly tired. I have such a hard time waking up, and as soon as I come home from work I fall right into bed for a nap and when I wake up I feel like I can barely move. Also, I usually skip dinner because nothing seems appealing to me, and I feel a little sick (not really nausea, more like a pit in the stomach) after eating. The past couple of days my breasts have been abnormally sore and they look bigger, although the rest of me is not. Additionally, for a few weeks now I have this strange pain in my lower abdomen (where pubic hair would begin) that usually begins with a few sharp twinges that dull down to what feels like light menstrual cramps. I keep waiting for my period to start at any moment, but it hasn't.

The really strange thing is, I got treatment at Planned Parenthood for a urinary tract infection a month ago, and they did a pregnancy test as a courtesy, and it was negative, which was not a surprise as I had just had my period two weeks before. However, my boyfriend and I are very sexually active, and we don't use protection. He has good self control (or so it seemed) so we've been using withdrawal. However, he does always have a lot of pre-ejaculate, so I suppose if I am pregnant that must be it.

I have been wondering if maybe my body is tricking me. The past few months have been horrible, and I have been really stressed out lately. I've been contemplating breaking up with my boyfriend because he is rude, lazy, and immature, but I don't want to deal with the emotional fallout of that right now, because I'm in the process of looking for a new job. I had a mini-meltdown last fall and dropped out of grad school, now I'm stuck in a job I despise. And I don't have health insurance yet. So there are a lot of stress factors right now, plus, while I had the urinary tract infection I also had food poisoning, so when my period was first late I thought being sick may have thrown my cycle off kilter, but now with these other symptoms and the positive test(s) I am not so sure. Could my body be simulating pregnancy because I'm so stressed out about it?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by gr8nowhat; 03-08-2005 at 02:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 04:52 AM   #2
(female)

gr8nowhat HB User
Re: Is my body simulating pregnancy?

I guess not. I took two First Response tests this morning simultaneously, and they were both positive. No mistaking it. Two distinct lines. I guess I am pregnant.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:02 AM   #3
(female)

hreiter HB User

Congratulations! Were you trying to get pregnant?

Old 03-08-2005, 06:37 AM   #4
(female)

Kirii HB User

I understand your pain. I'm stuck with a rude lazy and immature man that I believe got me pregnant on purpose. *was drunk off my butt and he took advantage of that and well he didn't use any protection* My bad I should of insisted, but when you're so drunk you can barely walk your judgement is a little impaired. :P I hope that you two can patch things up and remember Birth Control!!

Old 03-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

your body is not fooling you. there is not such thing as a false POSITIVE only a false NEGATIVE. Even if the lines are faint. I think you should make an appointment for the docs asap, since you have no idea how far you can be. I will definatly say that you are pregnant. It sounds like you don't want to be, so I guess I won't say congrats. I hope things will work out for you. About not affording it, there are clinics that can help those without insurance. good luck

Old 03-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Congratulations! Before reading your 2nd post, I was going to warn you that the withdrawal method does not work and there are sperm in pre-ejaculate. Guess you already know that now. Your mind can sometimes trick your body into having symptoms of pregnancy when you are not pregnant, but the HCG hormone that the tests detect is only produced after the fertilized egg implants into your uterus and you are in fact pregnant. Congratulations!

Old 03-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

Congrats and I hope everything will work out for you. You may be the happiest women in the world 9 months from now.
Jen

Old 03-08-2005, 03:03 PM   #8
(female)

gr8nowhat HB User

Thanks everyone, for your kind wishes. Surprisingly, I'm keeping calm about all this. Except I am starting to get really nervous because tonight I am going to tell my boyfriend!

I am split 50/50 on what to do. If money were not an issue I'd love to keep the baby. I hope my boyfriend doesn't think this is the end of the world. I think we could make it work.

Closed Thread