It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 04:11 AM   #1
(female)

ryantiques HB User
Diarrhea and pains/ cramps at 30 weeks (Day # 4)

I was looking on line to see any thoughts on diarrhea in the third trimester. I'm 30 weeks, and now on day number four with diarrhea. I get massive gas pains, cramps and run to the bathroom ... a couple of times a day, this morning first thing.

I don't have a fever or anything else like that. The first time it happened four days ago it was about a half hour after I ate, two fried egg and cheese sandwiches. I thought maybe the eggs were bad or something but then thought it was too soon for some kind of food poisoning.

I'll call my Dr. today, she's not in until after 1:00 though. Any thoughts on this, I read it can cause hemmeroids (which I didn't have with my other two pregnancies, probably doesn't mean much though). I've been basically on the BRAT diet since it started to no avail.

Any thoughts!
Thanks and Take Care
Jessica

Old 03-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User
Re: Diarrhea and pains/ cramps at 30 weeks (Day # 4)

Hey Jessica! You did the right thing by calling your doc. From what I have read, diarreah and cramping can be a sign of pre-term labor.
BUT you could just have the "bug" that's been going around all over the place. Some people get the runs, and others are vommiting. Either way, it looks like you should see your doc to make sure you aren't in labor and that you aren't dehydrated.
Like the docs always say, DRINK THOSE FLUIDS! Keep us posted!
~Alexis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

those sandwiches sound good!!!
keep us posted.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I'm 30 weeks myself and have had diarreah for the past 3 to 4 weeks now. I didn't know it was a sign of preterm labor. I've had some minor cramping too. Mostly in my back though. I try to drink lots of fluids (mainly orange juice and water) but when you're not thirsty, you're just not thirsty, ya know? I have a dr's appt on Friday so I suppose I should mention the diarreah to them too. Keep me updated as to what they say

Closed Thread