It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #1
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User
Anyone feeling awful 24/7?

I spent all of Sunday night in the restroom. I threw-up so much that I put a pillow beside the toilet to neal on. Since then I have been conscious to eat every few hours to be sure my stomach is always full. But I have been having constant headaches and I'm sooooo sleepy. I just feel like I'm sick all the time. It's exhausting to make it through the work day. I'm between 7-10 wks. Not sure because I had abnormal bleeding for the month before my missed period. So I have to have an Ultra Sound to determine the date. Feeling so yucky

Old 03-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
(female)

tarrece HB User
Re: Anyone feeling awful 24/7?

hello...im about 8 weeks, and yup i know the feeling, i test myself with foods, if i get sick after a certain drink or food, i dont touch it again! it kinda works, also long car rides seem to make me sick too, and prenatal pills , if i take 2 before bed i get sick too, so i take only one, sounds like u may eat a lil too much too, in the mornin i only eat toast at like 7 or 8 then about 12 i eat a small amount of something, then about 6 i eat fries or something, cant eat too much i learned the hard way

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 05:11 AM   #3
(female)

hreiter HB User

I feel awful pretty much 90 % of the time since week 5, I am now in my 8th week... I am finding if I constantly eat small snack throughout the day, it has been helping the queasy feeling alot and for the most part I don't get sick that way... I am also exhausted all of the time, I don't think there is much I can do about that, I have been going to bed between 7 and 10 since about week 5, and during the week I am getting up at 5:45... but hopefully it will go away in a few weeks...

Old 03-09-2005, 06:43 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

U will get better ladies!! i didnt have m/s..yeah i know i am a cow arent i! LOL!! but i have had days where i am uttery exhausted!! to be honest i have lived with a stomach disorder for 2 years and i am used to feeling like poop sometimes so i havent noticed much difference since i hav been preg! 12 weeks sat!

Old 03-09-2005, 07:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

there are medications that are safe if you are having that bad of morning sickness. please make sure that you do not become dehydrated as that can cause some major complications. i got the stomach flu at 32 weeks or so and it was sooooooooooo awful. my doc gave me some anti nausea stuff and it worked within 5 minuets. much better than suffering. you might want to ask. i only have 8 days to go until my induction now, my stomach is upset off and on again, but it is nerves this time!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nyxin; 03-09-2005 at 07:06 AM.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:51 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

I'm around 11 weeks and sick 24/7. I was prescribed some of the meds that are "supposed" to make you feel better but I can't really take them in the daytime because they knock me out almost instantly.

I'm so ready to be beyond this point.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:29 PM   #7
(female)

youngmommy HB User

i have found that not drinking any fluids until 10-20 minutes after i eat helps me alot. also, like the others mentioned, eating smaller meals more foten is good too.
cold foods are easier on me than hot foods, and i definately cannot eat anything greasy... fast food is horrible on my stomach.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #8
(female)

emilyallison HB User

Eat Watermelon!! My doc told me to try it, and it works soooo well!! Its the only thing thats given me a bit of relief, I was getting sick about 3 times a day, now its down to only once! Trust me, it may not sound good, but it works!!

Old 03-17-2005, 09:45 AM   #9
(female)

sorella HB User

GINGER BICUITS!!!!!!!! Or ginger in general if you would prefer cake or tea, was told this by several people independantly and it helped me.

Best theory I could find as to why people suffered from morning sickness was to do with baby not being able to tolerate blood sugar fluctuations before the placenta has formed (about 12 weeks) and this is why after this point as the placenta starts to take the strain of feeding your baby it should yet a lot better!

In the mean time try to look on the nausea as a positive sign that you need to raise blood sugar by eating something I know it sounds very hippyish but it helped me cope mentally with some very nasty morning sickness (coming at all sorts of times through the day) esp. about 4 if i hadn't done well with my lunch.

As I had no appetite whatsoever and was revolted by the smell of most of the healthy meals my dh was cooking for me understanding that "bump" needed to eat was the only thing that got me to eat my rice krispies!

Old 03-21-2005, 12:09 PM   #10
(female)

zetajenn HB User

Have you tried blackberries or blackberry juice for the nausea? I don't like blackberries, but I was able to find blackberry juice that was pretty good. I got it off the internet somewhere. But anyway, you might be able to find it at the grocery store. Or if you like blackberries just try eating some of them. Some people swear buy it. I know the juice really helped me.

Closed Thread