It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

kellic2000 HB User
Question Baby's first movements???

I still haven't found out for sure if I'm pregnant or not, blood test should be back by tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I am. I think I would be about 4 months in now, and for the last couple of weeks have been feeling fluttering in my tummy. Started out feeling like a little bug in there, just kinda tickling around. The last couple of days, I don't feel the fluttering so much as little taps here and there. Of course, I could be going completely insane and it's all in my head, but this doesn't feel like hunger pangs or gas or anything I've ever felt before. I would like to hear from others as to what the first movements of their baby felt like. Thanks.

K

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User
Re: Baby's first movements???

Mine kind of felt like gas bubbles some people say butterfly wings though.
Goodluck!
Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
(female)

fitchick HB User

These sound like baby movements to me. I felt a lot of tapping and the occasional crawly feeling. Have you taken a urine test?

Wow if you are already 4 months along you only have 5 months to wait. I knew before my period was even due adn this pregnancy has seemed to have gone on forever ugh! Thank God I only have 11 days left until I am due

Old 03-08-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
(female)

kellic2000 HB User

Yes, I took the urine test and was neg, but haven't had a/f in 4 months, though I am quite irregular at the best of times. My sister had false negative on both urine and blood tests and had to have ultrasound to find out she was 3 1/2 months. Same for my mother, so could be a genetic thing where we have low hormone levels. Had a blood test done yesterday and should know the results by tomorrow. Either way, I guess I'll be making an appointment with my regular Dr. to find out what is going on. Been tired and queasy, gained 10 pounds, food cravings, hot flashes, and then these little flutters, so I'm pretty sure I am pg, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
(female)

fitchick HB User

actually I have heard of that before. I know a few people who didn't show up for a long time. 2 people I know even had 1 or 2 a/f while pg. This surely would not be the first time if it were the case for you. One woman I knew had a blood test even say negative then they did a u/s they found out she was 15 weeks pg. I think he is 12 now lol. So much for modern medicine!

Old 03-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #6

Jess_10 HB User

mine kinda felt like little butterflies going about in my stomach.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #7
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I had a friend who didn't know until she was 7 months pg.Talk about a surprise. I knew before my period was due also and with my twins the pg test came out negative and I was SO pg. For me the baby/babies movements were like gas bubbles in the center of my lower belly. I'll be looking for a post tomorrow from you.If it's a boy I think they may be able to tell that too at 16 weeks.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I turn 5 months next week & as of 2 weeks ago I have been feeling the same thing & I have described it as "tapping". The baby taps me about every other day now around 2 to 3 taps. Still I haven't had any strong kicks. Hopefully soon. I hope you are pregnant. It's the most exciting thing. And I am on #4 & it's still just as exciting as the 1st.

Good Luck!
Chris

Old 03-09-2005, 06:17 AM   #9
(female)

kellic2000 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Baby's first movements???

Thanks everyone, it's so nice to know that I'm not the only one going through this. The Dr. I went to ( a clini, not my regular Dr.) made me feel like I was paranoid or crazy or something and that they were just humoring me by doing the blood test since the urine test was neg. He said something like "if your urine test was neg, it's highly unlikely you are pg, but I guess we can do a blood test anyway". Maybe I'm just over-sensitive. It's funny, before I thought I was pg, we were debating on whether we even wanted kids or not and while hubby was more and more on the wanting them side, I was undecided. Now that it may be a reality, I find myself getting quite excited about the idea! I'll let you all know how I make out with the blood test, should know by noon today (fingers crossed).

Old 03-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #10
(female)

kellic2000 HB User

Well, just got my results. The blood tests say negative as well, so I have booked an appointment with my rgular Dr. for a week from today to find out what is going on.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #11
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

Sorry. I hope you find out whats wrong. Everything happens all in due time.

Old 03-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #12
(female)

fitchick HB User

Demand an ultrasound before you allow then to give you anything to try and make you start. The one girl I knew had to wait until the baby was 6 months gestation before she knew whether or not all the internal organs were going to form due to the drugs they gave her. They finally did a u/s after all the drugs and neg blood and urine tests and found a 15 week fetus in there after all. So don't let them tell you that it is impossible for you to be preggo.

Old 03-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

This may be a long shot, but if you know anyone who is pregnant right now and has a rented fetal doppler maybe you can check for a heartbeat? Or maybe you can see if the clinic can do the same. Explain your history to them. They shouldn't blow you off or treat you like you're crazy. How completely unprofessional of them!

Closed Thread