It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

Honeychild HB User
What if I am Unable to Breastfeed Because of this????

Hi all

I am worried that I may not be able to breastfeed normally.

The reason I have this concern is because:

My nipples are unbelievably sensitive.

Even having the sheet on them has been too sensitive. When hubbie and I make love, I can hardly have him stimulating them, which is a shame, so I have been thinking how am I going to go when my baby wants to suckle. They are not quite as sensitve as they were, but still very sensitve to touch etc.

Can anyone reassure me please? I really want to breastfeed for the benefit of my baby.k

Thank you.

Old 03-08-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

Kirii HB User
Re: What if I am Unable to Breastfeed Because of this????

You're gonna be sensitive during pregnancy and after pregnancy at first. Especially after the first few days of giving birth. I gave up breastfeeding cause the nurse traumatized me at the hospital and I couldn't produce enough milk. But sensitivity should let up within the first week of having the baby. If you have a hard time at first use a breast pump just in case to keep your milk flowing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I feel the same way as you do too. This is my 4 th child and ive never even tried to BF before until this one. I am very sensitive as well. I dont even like my nipples to be touched so your not alone.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:41 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Altson HB User

You'll be ok, nipples will not have the same sensitivity as they have now. They'll be sensitive but in a different way.

A lot of successful breastfeeding is all in the way the Mom approaches it, focuses on it and sticks with it. It's not an automatic thing for every new Mom, 1st pg to 6th pg. Read, research, educate yourself. Take advantage of lactation consultants, etc. Don't be afraid to do it your way, as long as you and baby are comfy.

Good luck.

Old 03-09-2005, 08:47 AM   #5
(female)

Angela3 HB User

mY first couldn't latch on properly and was unsuccessfull at breastfeeding, my nipples chapped and bled and were VERY painful. My second was awesome. I had no problem as she latched on right and when the baby latches on right and properly, you should not have any problem nursing your baby, im looking forward to nursing my third, im due Mid May!!!!!

Old 03-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

you can also yourself try roughing them up a bit before you have the baby. take a towel and rub them, pull and twist them, not hard mind you. but eventually they will toughen up, you should be ok, even if you dont roughen them up. good luck

Closed Thread