It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #1
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User
Question Heartburn

I know there was a thread a couple of pages back on this already but Im just too tired to go look, is anyone else suffering from this? I literally was woken up from it tonight and now I cant sleep. I did drink some milk, which seemed to help it a little, what do you do girls use to ease it? This is the 3rd night that Ive woken up from it and Im exhausted and my husband is too, since I wake him up at the same time Any suggestions? I havent been eating really spicy foods or anything.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:02 AM   #2

Alleyne HB User
Re: Heartburn

I have Tums in my nightstand. Can't do without them since my heartburn wakes me up in the middle of the night as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 06:23 AM   #3
Inactive

yamamama HB User

I get more of acid reflux,but it wakes me up too. The best for me right now is to just drink water and try to ignore it. The only thing my doctor approves for me to take is nexium (because I have IBD and tums and rolaids are not good for me,pepcid is but doctor doesnt want me to take while pregnant). I know that nexium works because I have taken it before,but I just want to stay away from as many drugs as possible(even if it is rx). Guess I am rambling,sorry... I notice if I lay on my right side the reflux gets worse,if I stay on my left side it gets better. Maybe this is the same for you? Check it out tonight and see what side works better for you. Hope something works for you,I think I will just have to suffer threw it,yuck!

Last edited by Emily'smama; 03-09-2005 at 06:24 AM.

Old 03-09-2005, 08:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I get it so bad that I taste everything twice, even water. Tums work in the moment, but my doctor also told me to take Zantac 75 to prevent it. She said I could take up to 4 a day if needed. When I was up to 4 Zantac and 3 Tums a day and still having the problem daily and waking up with it at night, she told me to take one Prilosec OTC per day and Tums as needed. That covers me for 24 hours and I have been able to eat and sleep again (well, at least not wake up with heartburn, but I am 32 weeks pregnant and uncomfortable). I just started that on Friday.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #5
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User

Thanks for your advice..the heartburn was so bad last night that it lasted for a few hours and not even a glass of milk and a rolaid worked. I called the dr office today and they told me basically to take the same things you ladies recommended so I felt a little silly, hopefully I'll sleep better tonight lol and thanks again!!

Closed Thread