It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 AM   #1
(female)

chick4u HB User
Question Pregnancy Q

My boobs are getting bigger with stretch marks on them.. I can't sleep at night because I feel so nauseated and I have no appetite. Ive been on birth control for 2 years I've missed taking my pills for 3 weeks.. not on purpose though.. im not on my dads insurance and they were so expensive.. Ive had these symtoms before and I take test and they always come out negative. But this time it is really scaring me. I know theres a good chance cuz me and my fiance don't use condoms. I wouldnt be sad if i was pregnant im just so tired of spending money on preg test and they are never positive. I don't know whats wrong with me.. Doesn't it take a long time to get preg if you have been on the pill for years and then get off them and try to get preg??

Old 03-09-2005, 03:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User
Re: Pregnancy Q

Glad i live in the UK!! dont have to worry about never being able to get treated like in the USA! i hate that about america its very sad!
If you suddenly come off the pill ur body will go through funny changes anyway! and that doesnt mean u r pregnant. If you dont want to spend lots on tests go on ebay!! LOL thats what i did.
I come off the pill and my periods got back to normal immediatley! and i got pregnant first time! was on the pill for 5 years! but many women take months to get back to normal cycle and it can take a while to get pregnant! im like my mum i get pregnant very easily! which has been a blessing to me.

But remember ur body was used to the pill and now its going without it so things happen,speak to ur doc if i was u mabie u could be preg! so find out for sure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 03:18 AM   #3
(female)

tarrece HB User

well guess what dear, i was on the pill for over 10 years,medical reasons, i stopped taking thenin the middle of december, and come january 12th, ding ding ding i concieved, i am now 8 weeks pregnant, i started feelin sick and all about feb 2nd, that help you any? go to the hospital closest to you, its what i did i made them do a blood test and urine test, oh,have you missed a period?
at first i thought i missed in january cuz not takin my pill made me all screwy..haha i was wrong! good luck!

Old 03-09-2005, 05:26 AM   #4
(female)

hreiter HB User

I was on the pill for 9 years, It only took us 6 monthes to get pregnant... I have a friend who was on it for about 6 years, and got pregnant the same month they went off it... If you have missed a period and are still getting negative HPT (I got a negative two days before I missed mine, and then a very faint positive two days after I missed mine), you can always go to a clinic to get a blood test...Good Luck!

Old 03-09-2005, 06:36 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

A blood test would be better anyway! i did a p test 2 days before my missed period and it showed up quite dark so i new! 12 weeks sat!!u will get answers soon too!

Old 03-09-2005, 07:01 AM   #6
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

chick4you - if you want to be on the Pill, go find your local Planned Parenthood. They have sliding scale fees based on what you can pay - money shouldn't prevent you from getting effective birth control.

As for being preg, I was on the pill for 13 years, stopped it in May, started getting my period again in July and started 'trying' in Sept. Got preg in Oct.! So it can take you body some time to re-regulate after the Pill, although as Teresax pointd out, it can happen that you conceive right away, depending where you are in your cycle. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2005, 07:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

a friend of mine's fiance got off the pill for a week for the same exact reason, (insurance change) they are now expecting in october. she had been on the pill for 5 years!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2005, 07:13 AM   #8
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Im just curious if you cant afford bc pills or comdoms how are you going to afford being pg? Im sorry but if you cant afford to prevent pregnancy then you cant afford to have sex either. I agree there are places like planned parenthood orhealth depts that can help you with bc.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:20 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

Again it is a shame that in america u cant get treated if u dont have insurence! the NHS might be a bit rubbish at times here but we dont have to worry about things like this it is very sad! u should be more careful if u cant afford the pill!

Old 03-09-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
(female)

Sarahj HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl1982
Again it is a shame that in america u cant get treated if u dont have insurence! the NHS might be a bit rubbish at times here but we dont have to worry about things like this it is very sad! u should be more careful if u cant afford the pill!
Actually there are many places to go in the US that are either based on your pay scale or free. Every city has clinics...look in the yellow pages under clinics. I was not on insurance when I got pregnant and went to a free clinic ran by a church. I didn't have to pay anything and I got a blood test and an ultrasound at 7 weeks. I am now on COBRA so I do not use the clinic but I know they do that all through pregnancy. Also, once pregnant Medicaid will pay for everything...all you have to do it apply. Go to your cities dept of family and children. It is almost impossible to be denied ( I was due to making too much money but that is rare.) As for getting birth control, planned parenthood does it as do many of the private clinics. It is important to know your resources.

Last edited by Sarahj; 03-09-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Old 03-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

I was on the bc for 6 yrs then came off and the month after got pg, then went back on bc for 3 yrs and took 5-6 months to become pg this time. It don't take much. I took a p test the week that I missed my AF and was a BFN, then waited til the next week and took another and it came out BFP, so over the counter tests are not always that great, lots of false negatives, never a false positive though. I would go the blood test route, it will cost less in the long run. don't have the money? try a clinic near you, or hospital. good luck, hope you get the answer you are looking for.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:21 PM   #12
(female)

tarrece HB User

im only 21, i do not have any insurance or money, my obgyn i have been goin to my whole life has a free clinic and gets u medicaid, thank god, with the babys father and my and his family everything will be a-ok

Old 03-09-2005, 10:04 PM   #13
(female)

chick4u HB User

I haven't started my period yet.. but I noticed that I have been sleeping aloooot.. I work 11pm-7am i usually go to sleep at 8 and wake up around 3 or 4 I can't even get up at 4 anymore ive been sleeping till about 7pm or 8pm.. and thats strange for me and then when I go back to work im still tired. Im going to go sometime this week and take a blood test.. I havent did a pregnancy test in about a month so maybe i will do another one first before I go.. Thanks all for your help.... chick4u

Old 03-10-2005, 02:38 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

Fair enough but here u automatically get all health care free when u r pregnant or not on a good wage, it is just that all americans sit and worry as they dont have insuance so they cant get what they need, its not like that here we are looked after thats all

Closed Thread