It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User
What was your first symptom?

I was just curious as to what different people felt first. Or didn't feel for that matter. Some of us had alarms going off and things not functioning like normal and others may have just had a feeling and took a test without any real hard symptoms present.

My first symptom was implantation cramping. I thought I was about to get my period but the pain didn't subside and it was very specific to the right side of my uterus. It was strange. I just knew after the second day of pain that I was pregnant. I never thought I would know so easily. It was the pain combined with a "feeling".

Old 03-09-2005, 04:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: What was your first symptom?

I wasn't expecting this pregnancy, so the first thing, besides the missed period was major bloating, and then morning sickness at 7 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 04:45 PM   #3

busybee HB User

My big symptom was breat tenderness. It was very different and obvious.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

ummm this was unexpected...DH says before we found out I was SUPER moody and constantly tired though.

Last edited by Dakota; 03-09-2005 at 07:06 PM.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

Mine was unexpected as well, but I still just had an inkling along with the killer cramping.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

I had cramping which I thought was period pain and extreme exhaustion.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #7
(female)

tomuchbagange HB User

With my first one that was unplanned ( i was 18) My breasts were so sore it hurt to put on clothes! With this one, also unplanned, I think my first symptom was being overly tired. I went to a "Velvet Revolver" Concert (if you don't know they are a "rock n roll band") and I fell asleep during the show!! I thought I was overworked but I think it was the pregnancy.

Old 03-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

I could smell people from a mile away!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 07:01 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

With both of my pregnancies, I had period-like cramping for 1-2 days about 2-3 days after ovulation. I generally feel some light cramping with ovulation, but these were stronger cramps, like period cramps. I just knew both times that the cramping was pregnancy. I still don't know what caused the cramps, because ovulation cramps feel different and they were way too soon for implantation. With this pregnancy, I also had extremely sore breasts about a week or so before my period was due, which are always sensitive, but nothing like that. The other thing with both pregnancies was a strange nightmare that I was being chased, couldn't get away and was clutching at grass to try to pull myself along. The first time, I asked a co-worker who was familiar with dream interpretation what it meant and was shocked when she mentioned pregnancy. I hadn't told a soul at that point (it wasn't a planned pregnancy). This time, when I also had that nightmare about a week or so before my period was due, after the cramping and accompanied by the extremely sore breasts, I knew I was pregnant, but had to wait another week to test.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:18 AM   #10
(female)

Tash16 HB User

Hi my pregnancy was also unplanned. Right from the beginnin though i thought i was pregnant for some reason. I jus knew that i was ovulating and that there was a great chance of me gettin pregnant so when my period was due and it wasnt like it normally was, i was jus gettin spottin, i decided to take a test which came back postive. I also had cramps and my breasts became tender. Morning sickness was the next symptom that i got afterwards at about 6weeks

Old 03-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #11

FaithfulyWaiting HB User

missed period (but I'm not always that regular). I was very tired.. and more emotional. I also had cramping, so I thought my period was going to start.. but it.. didn't lol.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:21 PM   #12
(female)

sherone HB User

This was unexpected... my first symptom was nausea, breast tenderness, and obdomen cramps... I didn't even know that i was pregnant until I went to my gyn @ that time i didn't miss mens. as yet

Old 03-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #13
(female)

RobynShaw1985 HB User

My first symptom was moodyness and i was flippin back in forth in my emotions i would snap on the father to be and then cry cause i did! then i started gettin hungry!

Old 03-11-2005, 11:23 PM   #14
(female)

gr8nowhat HB User

The first thing that tipped me off was the missed period, although I did have what I now know was implantation bleeding. I thought it was just pre-menstrual cramps or possibly my urinary tract infection that I was just getting over was not completely cleared up. Also, I was super moody, picking fight after fight with my boyfriend and attributing it all to PMS. Next came extreme exhaustion which still didn't send up any red flags. The thing that finally made me suspect it might not be PMS (other than the missed period) was the super sore breasts followed by a complete aversion to food. Amazing that with all this, when the hpt came out positive I was still in disbelief!

Old 03-12-2005, 12:42 AM   #15
(female)

Sliminside HB User

The first symtoms I had was sore breasts, but i put that down to af being due then when it didnt show i did a test and it BFP, cant beleive it i only came off the pill in December (There must be a god who heard my prayers)

Best of Luck to us all.

Closed Thread