It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

Angela3 HB User
Talking Irritable uterus??

I had this with my second and had it throughout my preg until she was born at 36 weeks. I had contractions everyday until her birth day. Anyone elss go through this?

Old 03-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
(female)

Zazzaz HB User
Re: Irritable uterus??

Hi Angela,

I'm at 30 weeks, and I started having frequent contractions five days ago. It's not progressing to labor, though. The contractions were getting more and more intense and beginning to be slightly uncomfortable, though not painful. Last night I started taking 15 drops of cramp bark tincture every two hours, and the tincture has helped mellow out the contractions. They're no longer uncomfortable, and I'm not having them every time I move now. I'm still having them several times an hour, but they've slowed down, which eases my mind.

Did you dilate or efface before you delivered, or were the early contractions totally non-progressive?

Last edited by Zazzaz; 03-13-2005 at 09:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

Angela3 HB User

They were non-progressive........... I was dialted to 1 but they delivered me early because the contractions were strong, a little painful and thought it was best for the baby.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

I have an irritable uterus too. My son was born at 37 weeks. I was dilated to a 1 at 35 weeks. I've had it this PG too, but here I am at 38 weeks and I'm just now beginning to dilate.

Mine are worst late at night when I'm tired or when I walk alot, or when I have to pee.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 03-17-2005, 06:13 PM   #5
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

I have this problem also. Im 29 weeks and have had the contractions since I was 14 weeks. They told me it was my irriatable uterus so who knows I just hope the day I hit 37 weeks I go into labor

Old 03-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #6
(female)

Zazzaz HB User

I've been having frequent contractions all day and all night for almost two weeks now. It's been going on long enough that I've finally been able to see how much the slightest dehydration makes the contractions worse. I had really severe contractions after drinking coffee (caffeine is a diuretic, so it can dehydrate you), whenever I left the house for more than about 40 minutes (because I wasn't drinking constantly while out of the house), or when I got overheated (and didn't drink constantly). In the last few days, I've been sipping water all day, and the contractions haven't been as frequent or as intense. They still happen if I'm too active, but the water is really helping. I'm peeing every 15 minutes, though... I've traded one discomfort for another! But it's a small thing compared to the discomfort of the contractions.

I know they can happen for a variety of reasons. If you've ruled out infections, etc, maybe guzzling water will help you, too. The theory behind drinking water is that when you get dehydrated, the hormones in your blood get a little more concentrated, which leads to increased contractions. I'm guessing that those of us who have these preterm contractions are perhaps more sensitive to the hormones in the first place, so keeping them dilute helps a little bit.

Old 03-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

The Dr's never gave me a word for it, but that sounds like what I had. At 32 weeks I was hospitalized for a week with preterm contractions. Even on the maximum dose of medication to stop contractions I was still having 9/hr. So they sent me to another hospital That had a NICU by ambulance...the contractions never did go away and because of the sideeffects the meds caused I was off them by the 3rd day. Luckily the contractions weren't doing anything so they let me go home on restricted activity. Our daughter was born at just over 36 weeks and was healthy. I'm wondering if this baby will be much the same, I find with this pregnancy I am going through the stages I went through with the first pregnancy sooner...the bones shifting and causing pain is the most noticable right now. I am also carrying lower and am bigger at this stage of pregnancy than I was with the first. Trying to decide how long I will work up to, to try and avoid the preterm labor thing again...I was curious to know if anyone had repeat irritable uterus pregnancies that made them deliver before term?

Closed Thread