It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

cdenk HB User
Angry Acne???

Is there anything I can use that will help my acne go away? I feel like a teenager again. I started breaking out really bad a few weeks ago (I'm 11 Weeks pg) and it won't go away.
Anyone else have this problem?

Old 03-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
Re: Acne???

some say cetaphil facial wash works well. It did a little for me, but not greatly. I went to the dermatologist and they gave me erythromycin topical gel. I asked my doc about it, she said that was ok. I have only been doing it a few days, but it is seeming to help, even if its only a little right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

There is really nothing that works great that you can use while pregnant, but the Cetaphil helps some. I also got some prescription stuff from the dermatologist, but the 2 things that work best to fight acne, benzol peroxide and salicylic acid, OBs don't recommend using while pregnant. It does get better in the 2nd trimester on it's own, though.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,

l am having laser treatment but l started this 6 months before getting pregnant l had my first session after being pregnant today. It is harmless l stopped taking tablets 2 months before l started to try to get preg. I use a gel and am nearly 5 months l do get some breakouts and the rest is scarring which l disguise with Mac foundation ! Its a bugger, hope it gets better, drink lots of water and try some gentle facials

Old 03-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
(female)

emilyallison HB User

Boo Boo,
Just wanted to let you know that MAC foundation could be the reason you are breaking out. It is oil based, which is not good for anyones pores. You should try using a water based foundation, try Stila or even Revlon Color stay. Also, My OB said you can use a fase wash with Salicylic Acid as long as you wash it off and it doesnt stay on your skin. I hope this helps!

Old 03-11-2005, 10:43 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Thanks emily that was great. I will pay a visit to Stila !! my dermatogist has prescribed a wash not sure if its thatone will have to check, thanks again,

Old 03-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

my docs say no salicylic acid whatsoever. I would ask your own doc before using it. My acne has not gotten better on its own with the 2nd trimester. I have been using the cetaphil and gel given to me and it has let up a little. would hate to see what it would look like right now if I had not been using anything at all. good luck

Old 03-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

cdenk HB User

hugs28, What gel are you using and does cetaphil remove makeup?

Closed Thread