It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

Florida77 HB User
Pregnancy After Stopping Birth Control Pills

I was wondering if anyone here has or knows of anyone that got pregnant immediately after stopping birth control pills. I understand it is not that uncommon to get pregnant after the first month of menstration, but what about getting pregnant before you first natural period comes after getting off the pill? Does any one have experience with this?

Florida77

Old 03-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Re: Pregnancy After Stopping Birth Control Pills

I got pregnant while on birth control pills lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
(female)

Florida77 HB User

WOW! I guess you are very fertile. How many pills did you miss if any?

Old 03-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cdenk HB User

I stopped taking them in November, got PG in December, so yes you can get pregnant right away.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I didn't miss any. Neither did my sister who had a 'birth-control-baby' last December. I heard that 1 in 20 women are getting pregnant while on the pill now. Anyway, it isn't uncommon, or exremely common to get pregnant right after stopping birth control. You might have just as good of chance as someone who was still on it since your body hasn't had time to adjust to being off the pill yet. Im not sure though since that wasn't the case for me. I just wanted to let you know that no protection is 100% and it seems as if contreceptions fail miserably with the women on this board

Old 03-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #6
(female)

Angela3 HB User

I had to take fertility drugs to get preg with my first. It took a year. After he was born i was on birth control. While on birth control pills i got pregnant (ectopic-5 years after my son) then a year later got preg with daughter, and im 29 weeks today with #3. ALL the while on birth control!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2005, 03:11 PM   #7
(female)

afmom3 HB User

I stopped taking birth control pills in September and got pregnant in October. I never had a period. I had been on birth control pills for 6 years!

Old 03-10-2005, 03:47 PM   #8
(female)

lil*hottie HB User
Talking Re: Pregnancy After Stopping Birth Control Pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnDewald1
I got pregnant while on birth control pills lol
So did I!! Actually the patch but they are like the same thing!!

Old 03-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #9
(female)

Florida77 HB User

Thank you all so much for your responses. For those of you, especially afmom3, that got off the pill, never had a period and got pregnant the next month - what were your signs/symptoms and how soon did they show up? After how long did you take a hpt that came up positive?

Florida77

Old 03-11-2005, 03:48 AM   #10
(female)

tiggydunc HB User

I went off the pill at the end of June and got pregnant in July. I didn't even know I was pregnant, just thought my period would take a while to get back to normal. I think I had maybe two days of light bleeding, but nothing like a period. I got a really bad cold, was nauseous while in the car, and all of a sudden felt very sleepy. I finally took a pregnancy test in August and it was positive and got a blood test with the same results in September. So, I think it's pretty easy to get pregnanct after stopping the pill.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:32 AM   #11
(female)

tarrece HB User

i stopped my pill in dec and got pg by jan 12th,lol, i felt the pg affect around jan 25th

Old 03-11-2005, 05:44 AM   #12
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User

I stopped taking BCP's in early November, thinking that it would take a while to get pregnant, but was pregnant by the end of December.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

I stopped b/c and got preg the first time i tried just after coming off them! my periods went back to normal sraight away so i was relieved! i got all the ovulation dates and figured it all out properly! and it happened! my mum is very fertile so i must be too! im 12 weeks.
I was very tired 2 weeks before my period was due and i knew something was different and my boobs hurt at times! i was thrilled wen i found out! the only symtoms i have got so far is very tired, weak feeling.
Good luck!!

Old 03-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

I stopped my birth control in October, and was already taking a pregnancy test on the 31st of that month, and it was positive. I didn't even have my first period after coming off the pill. My first symptom was that I kept getting bad dizzy spells, and I knew something wasn't right, and I was also craving chinese food, which I normally can't stand

Old 03-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #15
(female)

afmom3 HB User

Florida77
I had my period on September 21 after stopping the pill. I took a pregnancy test on October 29. The main symptom that I had was tender breasts and just feeling "not quite right". Also, I remeber that I was cramping a little and thinking that my period was going to start any minute! lol!

Closed Thread