It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User
Amayah is here!!!!!

Hey ladies.... Well, I saw that you guys were looking for me. I had my little angel on Monday night. Wasn't supposed to happen like that but it did. I went to the PN on Monday morning, and her fluids were really low. Just over 4cm. They started to blow it off like it was nothing, but I basically went off and threw a big fit. So.....they did another test to check the oxygen and blood flow. Im glad they did because they came back as very limited. So, they talked to my regular OB, who was furious that it came to this, and they went ahead and sent me to the hospital to deliver. I was soooooo scared, because it was finally happening. So I got up there and they gave me pitocin. I felt some contractions, but nothing really bad. The doc came in and checked me then decided to do a c-section. I was nervous, but the anesthesiologist was great and my doctor was sooooo wonderful!! Little Amayah came into the world 03/07/05 at 8:22pm, weighing in at 4lbs 13.5oz, and 17.5 inches long. I got a tubal while he was down there. I came home today in a great deal of pain, but baby has to stay at the hospital because she developed a little case of jaundice. Oddly, she is incredibly healthy otherwise. She has been nicknamed 'peanut', because she is about 1/2 the size of all the other babies in the nursery. She is in the regular nursery too. No NICU visits, thank goodness. She is tiny, but so incredibly beautiful. I was unsure about having her for so many months, but one look and I was immediately wrapped. My regular OB actually said that my placenta was shot to hell. Had we waited until tonight to induce, odds are great that he would have delivered a stillborn baby. It was that bad. Thank goodness for my doc.

I hope she comes home tomorrow because being away from her is already killing me...slowly.
Isaiah is loving her to pieces already too.

Anyway, I will be away for a few days trying to stay drugged up and feeling good. I hope everyone is doing well. I want to thank everyone here for so much support and prayers.

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User
Re: Amayah is here!!!!!

CONGRATS JEN!!!!!!!
~Alexis

Old 03-10-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

wow girl!!!! what a wonderful story. i am so so so so so happy for you. you have been through so much hell and now you have a beautiful angel! big hug to you. take care.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2005, 10:57 PM   #4

kristi_p HB User

Congratulations!! What a miracle!!!
ds 08/21/02
dd 03/15/05 Ashley Rose

Old 03-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Thanks ladies. Wow..... It is such an amazing feeling. I mean, I have a son too, and I remember how that felt. But with this pregnancy, I had doubts clear up until the end. I was scared I didnt have enough love to share with her. I can't even tell you how many times I had adoption people send me stuff. One look.....that's all it took.
She is doing so well, she is even amazing the doctors. Small as she is, she has kept her body temp up, she is eating well (she is a bit lazy at times but eventually she gets it), and is very alert. She even picks her head up moves it on her own. I know some babies do that too, but it is surprising to everyone how strong she is. They have run so many tests on her, because of the IUGR. So far, everything has come back perfect.

Anyway, Again, thank you ladies so much. I don't know how I could have gotten through this without all of you.

Old 03-11-2005, 01:51 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

Congrats!!!! Awww I hope you get to bring your little "peanut" home soon!!

Old 03-11-2005, 06:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I am sooo happy for you! When I didn't see you on the last couple days, I was wondering if you were having your baby. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your journey with all of us!

Old 03-11-2005, 06:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Congratulations and may God bless your little sweet girl!!

Melly

Old 03-11-2005, 07:12 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Congrats Jen! Wishing you and your family all the very best for the future.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #10

Maxx09 HB User

Thats awesome Jen! I love your kids names!! I am so glad everything went well and she is a healthy little angel!! Take care of yourself!!
ALyssa

Old 03-11-2005, 11:22 AM   #11
(female)

tomatoes49 HB User

to cool , awsome news, i'm so happy for you ,
congrats!!! wow !! we will keep praying , thanks and praise is due
---tara

Old 03-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

yeah, this is great news, congrats. I hope she can come home soon also. I only wish we could post pics of what our babies look like lol, since we have been together already for so long, its like we are old friends lol, and wanna see our friends kids lol. Anyway its great, hope you and her have a full and great recovery and you are joined back together at home soon.

Old 03-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

congrats! I hope you get to bring her home soon!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #14
(female)

fillorbust HB User

Jen
I am so glad to hear that everything has turned out for you and your family!!! Your story brought tears to my eyes!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 03:07 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

I got tears in my eyes. I have been reading your threads all along and am so glad your DD is here and doing well.

Closed Thread