It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

suziro HB User
couldn't hear baby's heartbeat at 13 weeks?

Hi everyone, I finally had my booking in visit at home with my midwife today for my 3rd baby to be and she couldn't hear the baby's heartbeat , she said not to worry because the baby is only small at the moment but I am sure with my son they heard his heartbeat at 11 weeks. Because i have had a previous miscarriage I am a bit concerned so I did another preg test which was def positive unlike my first two at the beginning which were only faint. My scan is booked for 2 weeks time so I am trying not to worry but I am a bit anxious. Do you think everything is okay?
Suzi
I am about 13 weeks by the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #2
Inactive

yamamama HB User
Re: couldn't hear baby's heartbeat at 13 weeks?

HI there,
Try not to worry. When I went in to hear my baby heartbeat the Doctor couldnt find it either. I think I was also 12 weeks. It freaked me out,so my OB took me in the next room and did a quick ultra sound and my baby was very real and heart beating just fine. But he was moving around like crazy,so maybe this is why she could not find it(I dunno). I am 29 weeks now and went today for an apponitment and his heart beat is so strong,thats the best feeling in the world(and it does freak you out when you dont hear it).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User

Hello
I am 13 weeks and had a doctors appt. today and he couldnt find a heartbeat either. He said not to worry though.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

It is common to not be able to pick it up on the doppler until about 14 weeks or so. Try not to worry too much. It's still really early.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #5
(female)

Tash16 HB User

Hiya, when i was in hospital at 13weeks they couldnt find my babys heartbeat. They gave me a scan to double check that the baby was fine and it was totally healthy and the heart was beatin as it should do. I t was when i was 17 weeks that i finally got to hear the heartbeat. Dont worry too much, There are loads of reasons to why you cant hear the heartbeat until around 14-16weeks.

Old 03-12-2005, 06:48 AM   #6
(female)

suziro HB User

Thanks very much everyone, I fel more reassured now. Best wishes with your pregnancies too

Old 03-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #7
(female)

Kimberly HB User

Hi there!

I went through the *exact* same thing with this pregnancy. We checked for the heartbeat and couldn't pick anything up. The doctor said not to worry that it's still early and we'd try the next appointment (he booked me for two weeks). Those two weeks were SO long and worrisome but everything turned out fine. I'm now 31 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.

Good luck!

Kim

Old 03-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Dont' worry! At my 12 week one they couldnt' hear it, but they did an ultrasound, and he was fine, then at my 16 week one it took them forever to find it! Occasionally, at 26 weeks, I have trouble finding it! If he is laying funny or something.

Closed Thread