It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User
Question nearly 20 weeks and having sharp pains

Hi,

Hope you are all well.

Just a quick question, when the baby kicks and moves is it a pleasent feeling? Im getting some sharp pains in my pelvic area then l feel like some type of light punching at the side of my stomach so a bit confused, although l have felt the baby move about 2 weeks ago. I am nearly 20 weeks and due to go in for my second scan on Tuesday! quite excited and scared! This is my first baby!

Old 03-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
(female)

USPS84 HB User
Re: nearly 20 weeks and having sharp pains

Boo Boo, you're scaring me with these concerns!!! You've been writing about them for the past two weeks, and I get worred about you
Have you called the doc about it?
I had some sharp pains in the stomach area about three weeks ago, but we guessed them to be "stretching pains", since they are not as bad right now.
I still don't even know if I am experiencing kicking, but I am 20 weeks on Tuesday.

Please take care of yourself! And let me know what happens, in the August Mommies thread!

Also, the baby was craving a lemon danish for some reason...I suggest you all go out and get one. It was good!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 08:42 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi, USP,

LET ME not worry you chuck! im sure its things moving and stretching!! its funny as a few others have raised the same concerns!

Keep in touch !

Hope you are well....

Old 03-13-2005, 06:19 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Any other suggestions

Old 03-13-2005, 06:53 AM   #5
(female)

Tash16 HB User

When my baby kicked it is a pleasant feeling for me. Most the time it feels like a bubble bursting and other times its a great big kick that normally makes me jump but they dont cause me sharp pains. I did get sharp pains though when i was 18-20weeks pregnant and i was really worried about them but the doctor, midwife and other pregnant mothers i know just kept tellin me they are due to the ligaments and everythin stretchin for your baby gettin bigger. I didnt do anythin else about it and they went about a week ago. I did find that really warm baths helped. Hope i have helped.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

When I was about 16 weeks, I started having the same pains you are describing, so I went to the ER. They told me it was round ligament pains, which means it is your uterus stretching. I went to my doctor anyway, because I needed the reassurance, and I suggest you should too. It only lasted a couple of weeks off and on, but man did it hurt!

Old 03-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Tash, you have helped thanks so much ,, and to everyone else that is so reassuring.

Closed Thread