It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Emotional rollercoaster

I'm hoping you ladies can help identify this with me. During pregnancy weren't your emotions a slight bit elevated? I'll be fine through out the day, but then i'll start bawling and can't stop. My fiance informed me that his 25 year old ex military brother will be living with us to overcome some debt issues he has. I'm guessing more job opportunities up here. I, however, am about to drive myself crazy because I am having the hardest time accepting this. I have literally cried like a baby and cried myself to sleep the last 3 nights. I got in the shower last night and could not stop bawling. I don't like to blame this on the pregnancy and sound like i'm making excuses, but it makes me wonder that if I wasn't pregnant "would I have such a problem with this??" Please don't misunderstand and think i'm in any way regretting my pregnancy. I'm just wondering if my emotional state would be different. Why in the world does this have me so upset? And did you ladies experiance such emotions over the slightest of things? The thought of my newly to be little family plus "ONE" is very upsetting.... I have no idea why?

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 03-11-2005 at 11:38 AM.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User
Re: Emotional rollercoaster

Hi redsoxcubbies.

Being pregnant makes you very over-emotional. There's been quite a few threads on here with lots of people saying that they burst into tears at the slightest thing, or get really upset over things that would normally not bother them at all. I cried over all sorts of stupid things in the first few months and am still more prone to weepyness than I normally am.

Don't think you are using pregnancy as an 'excuse', how you feel is real. If I was you I'd talk to your fiance about how you feel about his brother staying and your concerns. Hopefully you will be able to reach some sort of compromise or at least be reassured that it's only for a short period of time. Don't let this fester...he's not a mind reader, if you don't tell him how you feel he will think everything is fine and you'll both end up getting more upset later.

Spanish

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
(female)

lil*hottie HB User
Talking Re: Emotional rollercoaster

Hey there! I just wanted to say you are definitaly NOT alone! It's quite normal with many people to be very emotional...I am also one of those people...I have cried over everything and anything...The other day I even cried because some ate my Robins Eggs(Easter Candy)! And there have been many times were I feel so alone and I just cry and cry...Sometimes when I think of something I start to get tears in my eyes! I have never been like this before, but know I am...So I just let it happen, cuz sometimes it makes me feel a lot better when I am done...

Old 03-11-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

A slight bit elevated!! what an understatment! LOL!!i am either crying or screaming at people! i have fell out with 2 people although i would have been that way if i wasnt preg due to the circumstances but i also would have given in to them if i wasnt preg!! but nooo i am a hard nosed cow a the mo!!

Old 03-11-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
Inactive

yamamama HB User

It would be hard for anyone to welcome someone else into there home to live,let alone now. My Husband and I said at the beginning of our marriage we wouldnt allow anyone else to live with us(we have family memebers that rely on those that work to provide for them). And five years later we still havent gone there. If my Husband came home and told me that ever I wouldnt deal well with it,I would cry too. Marriage/commited relationships are hard enough than to have to deal with an "outsider". Dont get me wrong,I think helping people in need is a wonderful thing,but sometimes it may be nessary to think of your family first(which is what your doing, and having a hard time with). My Husband's neice informed us that she was going to stay with us for two weeks after the baby is born(she lives two states over and will just getting out of school around then). I almost flipped out. I told my Husband there was NO WAY I could have ANYONE there staying with us when we were all trying to adjust to a new baby,and new family. He,of course agrees. But,the point is I understand. And I dont think you are being silly to feel this way. And the crying thing...I cried at the OB's today.OMG!!! I was quite embarrassed,but when I got on the scale and saw I gained just a little too much this month,I just lost it! Does anyone normally do this?LOL. I hope all works out for you guys,take care.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Thank you all so much! Emily'smama you have no idea how good it feels to hear you say that marriage/commited relationships are hard enough than to have to deal with an outsider. I've basically been trying to tell my fiance this without making it sound HORRIBLE. I have this problem of trying to say something, but it coming out utterly wrong. Thank you ladies all so very much. Haha* i'm starting to tear up just typing this. I know it's gonna be yet ANOTHER long night. Oh lord....

Old 03-11-2005, 06:25 PM   #7
Inactive

yamamama HB User

If you really wanna a good cry,listen to Kenny Chesney's song there goes my life...oh my goodness,I get hysterical during that song. Especially when he talks about blonde hair and blue eyes(sounds just like my daughter). Hope things become easier for you,I know it's hard. Nichole

Old 03-11-2005, 06:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Oh i know what your talking about. I bawl listening to Celine Dions "Miracle" and "A mothers prayer"....such beautiful songs. Thank you again.

Old 03-12-2005, 05:02 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Oh, the emotions. You are not alone. I find I cry a lot. I also find I get very, very angry about things. I think my husband is finally learning the various looks on my face now, as to whether it's safe to talk to me.
Gayle

Closed Thread