It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

bacardi73 HB User
Question false negative at 7 weeks?

I took a pregnancy test Sunday morning and it was positive. I went to my doctor monday afternoon and took a test and it came back negative. I had a blood test done and it was positive. My doctor thinks that my last cycle was just implantation bleeding because it was not normal in anyway, which would put me at 7 weeks on Sunday. My thinking is that if the urine test done by the doctor came back negetive wouldn't that mean that I wasn't as far along. If my last cycle wasa real period then I would be 4 weeks. I am wondering if anyone else has had a false negative at 7 weeks. My doctor says we'll just wait until my first ultrasound to find out for sure but the suspense is killing me.

Old 03-11-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
(female)

jaybird75 HB User
Re: false negative at 7 weeks?

My understanding is that the blood tests don't lie - if the blood test says you're preg, then you are. Congrats!!! You might have to wait until you're further along to have a 'dating' ultrasound to determine exactly when you conceived.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 03:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

When are they going to do the first ultrasound? My last period was light so they thought it was implantation bleeding and scheduled an ultrasound for 9 weeks to make sure I wasn't 4 weeks further along. It was a period I had the month before, just a wierd one.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
(female)

bacardi73 HB User

When I last spoke to my doctor it was over the phone to give me the positive result, he never mentioned when the ultrasound would be or when I should make my next appointment. My mom is a nurse at the hospital here and she says that the doctor who does the utrasounds doesn't like to do them before 17 weeks. I am an impatient person and that is too long to wait. I don't want to get my hopes up thinking I am further along than I am.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

You really need to talk to your doctor if you are unsure of your dates. They don't do abdominal ultrasounds until later, but they can do a transvaginal ultrasound (usually in the office, not the hospital) to date the pregnancy. There are tests that have certain timeframes for them to be accurate, so most doctors will do a quick transvaginal ultrasound if you are unsure of your dates. I would call the doctor and express your concerns.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:00 AM   #6
(female)

PreggoPrincess HB User

I took a urine pregnancy test recently, and it was negative, but I AM pregnant. Need to look into having a blood test done to determine.

Closed Thread