It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

tiffany_castro HB User
spotting after normal period

Hi, I am a 26 yr old female and i got off the pill at the end of Feb. I had my period on March 1st. my husband and i had sex on March 3 and 5th. I started spotting today, the 12th. There is no blood on my underwear, only when I go to the bathroom, it is on the paper. Can I be pregnant?

Old 03-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: spotting after normal period

Generally, a woman ovulates 14 days after the start of her last period if she has a normal 28-day cycle, which would be Monday if you do ovulate this month. It is common for your body not to start ovulating right away after coming off of the pill. There are side effects of coming off the pill and you may or may not ovulate the first cycle or even for the first several cycles. There is a possibility that you could be pregnant, but it is still too early to test until your next period is due. Try not to get discouraged if you are not pregnant this cycle, since it does take your body some time to adjust to coming off the pill and for your cycles to get back to normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #3
(female)

MythT HB User
Re: spotting after normal period

If you are experiencing a mucous discharge that is clear, slippery and kind of like egg whites that is speckled or tinged with blood then it is possible that this is just very fertile cervical mucous which means that you may be very close to ovulation. It is not uncommon for the first cycle off the pill to be the most fertile cycle you will experience out of the next several cycles. If March 1st was the first day of the start of your last period than you probably are not yet pregnant since the 12th would be way too early for implantation spotting which sometimes occurs 10-12 days after ovulation. Ovulation usally will not take place before day 12 of your cycle counting from the 1st day of your last menstrual period.

Last edited by MythT; 03-12-2005 at 07:30 PM.

Closed Thread