It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User
Talked about to death but...(baby movement)

What was the earliest that you have all felt your baby moving. I ask because not everyone is the same (obviously) and I'm sure some felt it earlier or later than others. I've read that a lot of factors can determine when you feel your baby; including weight, whether or not it's your first baby, position, etc. Also, some people actually mistake baby movement for gas or muscle twitches. Just as some might think a gas or a muscle twitch is a baby movement.

With that in mind I wonder what the actual time the baby may be felt is. They say 16 weeks and beyond, but I can't help but wonder if that is because we may not know what to look for right away and may brush off little twiches or gurggles because we don't want to jump the gun. I don't think I've felt any of the above yet. I know when I've got gas because it rolls from the top of my tummy down and my baby just isn't that high up yet. What about others? Have you felt things that you think MAY be, but didn't want to say anything because you weren't totally sure yet?

Old 03-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
Re: Talked about to death but...(baby movement)

I started to feel my baby move at about 13 wks, but this is also baby #2 for me. I am 21 wks now and this kid is moving like crazy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
(female)

TulipDawn HB User

I'm 33wks now. I actually felt this baby move later then my first. With my first I remember I was exactly 4 months laying on a beach in clearwater, fl when I felt him move, it was the flutter of butterflys. With this one I didn't feel any flutters at all, I was waiting for them...all I felt was a couple good taps at about 18-19wks. It actually took a couple times to realize what they were because I was waiting for those darn flutters...

However, the flutters were the only thing I remember about my pregnancy with the first one. I don't remember any kicking or movement period... it's really weird, but it was about 10 years ago!

Old 03-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #4
Inactive

yamamama HB User

I started feeling little swishes or butterflies very early with this,at about 9-10 weeks. It freaked me out because I thought I might be carrying twins. But U/S proved it was only one(the tech also said "he is a constant mover"). I am now 30 weeks and he does moves all the time and is very strong kicker. My first pregnancy I dont rememeber feeling any movement until 20 weeks or so.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:01 PM   #5
(female)

hshaw81 HB User

Some people may think that I am crazy but I think that I have felt the baby move and I am about 9wks. I felt the movement about a week and a half ago. I am not real sure but I think that is what it was.

Closed Thread